News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Protect Public Education Funding-Vote Green!

Started by irishbobcat, October 08, 2010, 10:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Protect Public Education Funding-Vote Green!

I believe the support of public education as the number one priority of the state.

We must replace lost revenues with state funds in the event of legislation that results in local revenues lost, such as a reduction of the tax base, exemptions from taxation, or other tax structure changes.

I believe we must prohibit Congress, The Ohio General Assembly, and/or federal or state administrative agencies from enacting and/or promulgating statutes and rules that result in unfunded and underfunded mandates. Fiscal impact statements should accompany all school-related statues and rules.

I believe we should provide an adequate funding mechanism for educational service centers that provides for inflationary growth. State funding for facilities should be a part of the educational service centers' funding formula.

Dennis S. Spisak-Green Party of Ohio nominee for Governor

www.votespisak.org/governor/

www.dennisspisak.com

for more info, contact 330-503-1407