News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Health Care Reform: Do it for Teddy

Started by Towntalk, July 26, 2009, 08:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

As I remember right that got him about $900 a month You really think that would be living comfortably? Why do you think he came back to the states? He could have stayed in the basement apartment that his Mother paid for. (2 rooms) And yep he had healthcare. and food, sort of.

But he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes after he returned to the states and was told he had nerve damage because it went untreated for so long. His first symptoms (2 months after he was diagnosed )  were loss of feeling in his feet. His health care in Germany didn't do him much good as we figure he had it for at least 3 years.

So lets hear it for socialized medicine.

And remember too that Medicare does not pay for the lenses that will correct my vision after cataract surgery. Only the cheapest lenses that simply clear up the cataract. I'll still need glasses even though it could be corrected at the same time.

So lets hear it for socialized medicine.

What do you think Dennis should I continue to make my house more green by replacing the 109 year old windows or pay for the lenses so I can see better?

This old Sergeant can't afford both.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Was he still living comfortly on 2000 DM, and had full health care to boot?  If so, what was he complaining about?

sfc_oliver

My son lived and worked in Germany a few years back. He tells me that he made about 6000 DM (Duetch Marks) a month. Until taxes were taken out. His take home was closer to 2000 DM per month. Any chances that most of that was for healthcare?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

The fact is every other advanced country manages to achieve health care to all citizens with quality of care as good or better than ours. ...while spending less per person than we do.

Health care, in other words, turns out to be an area in which doing what is morally right is also a free luch in economic terms.

All the evidence suggests a more just system would also be cheaper to run than our current system, and provide better care.

SUPPORT SINGLE-PAYE R HEALTH CARE!~ THE GREEN PARTY WAY!!!!

Towntalk

Health Care Reform: Do it for Teddy

Democratic leaders plan to bring him back to the Senate floor later this year in a wheelchair, or a bed if necessary, to cast his vote for healthcare reform.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-kennedy26-2009jul26,0,3003331.story

More on Paying for Health Reform

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/more-on-paying-for-health-reform/?hp