News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Clean Energy Success Stories: Apollo Alliance

Started by irishbobcat, July 14, 2009, 06:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i read it the vindy and npr did a story on this issues last year. i just report what i read and hear. you make your decision on facts that you hear and read.

sfc_oliver

So the majority of our translators are gay? I doubt it.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

the military can be conservative all it wants but the military is losing the majority of foriegn translators due the policy don't ask or tell.

sfc_oliver

I suppose the old adage is true.

"Ignorance is bliss"

By the way, the majority of the Military is Conservative. Just thought you should know that.

irishbobcat

My Father was a WWII Vet.....

I support the military and veterans of the area, I just don't support you and your conservative views, Sarge......

And the military is socialized....when people pay taxes to support it, it's socialized.... So keep marching proudly....

sfc_oliver

I would love for you to tell me that outside this forum. I could then tell you what I think of such an asinine statement.

The US Military is the only reason you can open your trap and spout such nonsense in public.

I can promise you that if you ever run for office again I will make sure that the veterans in the voting area know about your feelings towards veterans.

Again, I earned every Dollar I have ever received. And if you don't think so please tell me to my face where we can discuss the matter.

I'm tired of wannabees putting down our military.

And the US Military is not socialized. It is the Military.

irishbobcat

And Sarge even had a SOCIALIZED GOVERNMENT JOB....BEING IN THE ARMED FORCES...and NOW RECEIVES A SOCIALIZED PENSION PLAN PAID BY TAXPAYERS........

TALK ABOUT LIVING A GOOD UNION JOB FOR ONLY 20 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

iwasthere

sarge all your entire life you enjoyed a good paying job with health benefits and plus. why are you bashing union jobs that give a decent job wage with benefits?

sfc_oliver

Just have to wonder.......How does one turn wood into steam without burning it to heat water? And what makes this clean energy?

Not a scientist but I do know that steam is heated water.

And we won't even start on Union jobs.

irishbobcat

Clean Energy Success Stories: Apollo Alliance

We all hear plenty of talk about the job creation potential of the clean energy economy, but being able to point to real clean energy success stories is the best way to make your case to policy makers and potential allies. Fortunately, those stories are just a mouse click away - on the Apollo Alliance website in our "Signature Stories" section.
Using our interactive map, you can find great local examples of companies that are creating high-quality, union jobs in the clean energy economy; community-labor-management coalitions that have developed model green jobs training programs; and local governments that have identified innovative ways to finance energy efficiency and renewable energy programs that benefit consumers.
For example, in Park Falls, Wisconsin, Flambeau River Paper is going to power its paper mill using energy from the biomass plant that it is building next door. The biomass plant will turn wood scraps into steam, which the company will sell to the paper mill. This creative clean energy venture allowed the paper plant to re-open after it had been shut down by its previous owners; 70 percent of the laid-off workers were re-hired and their union wages, benefits and seniority were honored.
In Memphis, Tennessee, there's a great example of a manufacturing plant that's been re-tooled to manufacture solar panels. The plant used to make televisions, but Sharp Electronics converted it to solar production, and now it generates enough electricity to power 14,000 homes. The company's 190 workers are members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
To learn more about these success stories and many others that can be found in communities throughout the United States, click here.

Dennis Spisak
Mahoning Vallley Green Party
Ohio Green Party
www.ohiogreens.org
www.votespisak.org/thinkgreen/