News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ohio: Why No Solar Power?

Started by irishbobcat, August 04, 2008, 08:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

Quote from: Towntalk on August 04, 2008, 09:10:26 PM
Dennis:

It really saddens me that you will not go on one of the local talk shows to present your case, and honestly its quite discouraging because your message is quite topical, and with only a little over 100 days left before the election, you don't have much time left to reach the voters.

Both Dan Rivers and Ron Verb would not only welcome you but give you a fair opportunity to get your message across to the voters, and it wouldn't cost you a single dime.

Congress is spinning completely out of control, and as I reported today, the Republicans are threatening to shut the whole Federal Government as they did during the Clinton administration.

Being a write in candidate you're fighting an up-hill battle as it is so far as the media is concerned, but you aren't helping yourself by not taking advantage of the local talk shows on WKBN which in point of fact could very well make the news on the local TV stations to your advantage.
Don't forget the new ValleyTalk Network that debuted today! We have 4 shows this week, 5 shows by months end! We want more show, you can host for free if you contact me!

www.valleytalkradio.com

Towntalk

Dennis:

It really saddens me that you will not go on one of the local talk shows to present your case, and honestly its quite discouraging because your message is quite topical, and with only a little over 100 days left before the election, you don't have much time left to reach the voters.

Both Dan Rivers and Ron Verb would not only welcome you but give you a fair opportunity to get your message across to the voters, and it wouldn't cost you a single dime.

Congress is spinning completely out of control, and as I reported today, the Republicans are threatening to shut the whole Federal Government as they did during the Clinton administration.

Being a write in candidate you're fighting an up-hill battle as it is so far as the media is concerned, but you aren't helping yourself by not taking advantage of the local talk shows on WKBN which in point of fact could very well make the news on the local TV stations to your advantage.

irishbobcat

Mary:

Good questions!

1. Greens here are considered loony tree huggers. Did you meet the young masn from germany at the Pig Iron Festioval who talked about how much political power Greens had in Germany?
They have elected power....we don't....YET!!!!

2. Green Power companies don't have lobbyists or corporate PACs stuffing $450,000 down mypockets.Charlie wilson, mu opponent, who gets money power companies to keep us "Green-Free."

3. Remember the PUCO hearing, The gas company wants a flat rate hike. If they get it, you can be sure the electric companies will ask for it down the road.....

Besides, if you were the electric company, would you do everything in your power to even telling lies that Ohio is too cloudy for solar power to work if you knew people who put solar panels on their houses would get 24 years of profit back from the installment of such devices?

That's why we need to elect Greens like myself to get to Washington and in later years Columbus to turn this madness around.

That's why we must continue our fight through November.

Dennis Spisak

WRITE-IN
DENNIS SPISAK FOR CONGRESS
Green Party Candidate for Ohio's 6th District
The ONLY PROGRESSIVE CANDIDATE
Running against a Conservative Democrat and Republican!

Renewable Energy Green/Blue Collars Jobs
Single-Payer Affordable Healthcare
Economic Fairness/Quality Education
Clear and Fair Elections with Paper Ballots

Campaign site: Http://votespisak.org/electspisak.tripod.com

Mary_Krupa

Again, the question is asked:  Why aren't we doing something about this locally?   I think many locals figure we have so little sun that solar wouldn't work. Maybe that's why people aren't behind these ideas. This info about Germany really needs to get out and into the heads of the people of this area. The mindset must be changed.

I wonder what person or group of persons first pushed these ideas through in Germany. They certainly are pioneers.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

irishbobcat

Germany outpaces Ohio In Solar Energy, but Ohio has more Sun. Why?

August 4, 2008

Last week I attended the Eastgate Regional Council of Governments meeting in Youngstown, Ohio. Al Frasz, a co-founder of Dovetail Solar and Wind Companies here in Ohio spoke and told the audience that Germany has less solar resources than Ohio yet has 1,000 times more solar energy production than Ohio. Why?

Here are 4 reasons why we should be paying a whole lot of attention to the Germany renewable energy market.

1. Germany has the world's largest wind power sector— but had barely any notable wind power at all 16 years ago.
With over 20,600 MW of installed capacity, Germany is the world's wind power leader. And they accomplished this feat pretty quickly, having had less than 100 MW in 1992. The second place wind leader, Spain, only has approximately 12,000 MW of capacity.

2. The country has the world's second largest solar power market, despite having extremely cloudy weather.
Germany comes in as number 2 for solar power, with 750 MW of peak capacity as of 2006. However, it is far and away the European leader for photovoltaic capacity, with a capacity of 3063 MW. Additionally, the world's largest solar cell producer (Q-Cells) is located there. Oh, and the country also has the largest solar thermal market in Europe.

3. Over 214,000 people work in the German domestic renewable energy industry.
With 2.3 million renewable energy workers worldwide, Germany once again takes the cake as a pioneering country. Last year, German companies accounted for 38 percent of the total wind energy market.

4. They have progressive renewable energy laws.
The German government has just agreed on a new climate change legislative package with the goal of reducing CO2 emissions up to 36 percent by 2020. German Environment Minister Sigmar Gabriel calls it the biggest climate change package in the world.

If you look at how long it would take to for paybacks to occur by installing a solar system on a house in Ohio, it would be roughly 16 years, 2024. Yet if we start drilling for more oil today, we won't see a drop of that oil in production until 2030.

Why can't Charlie Wilson see the power in sunlight in Ohio? Is he too busy collecting over $450,000 in PAC money from lobbyists and PACs in the halls of Congress?

As the Green Party Write-In Candidate for Congress, I believe we should have Ohio come out into the light and become a leader in solar power production to help our poor, working, and middle class.

WRITE-IN
DENNIS SPISAK FOR CONGRESS
Green Party Candidate for Ohio's 6th District

Renewable Energy Green/Blue Collars Jobs
Single-Payer Affordable Healthcare
Economic Fairness/Quality Education
Clear and Fair Elections with Paper Ballots

Campaign site: Http://votespisak.org/electspisak.tripod.com