News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

NBC's Tim Russert’s death may influence the 2008 Presidential Election?

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, June 13, 2008, 05:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

While Tim Russert's death will not effect the outcome of the November elections, we have lost the greatest media interviewer of our times, and as one who is as deeply involved in the news as I am, I will miss both viewing Meet The Press and pouring over show transcripts each week.

By the way Bellamy, Russert was admired immensely by all sides of the isle. That's something that can not be said about lesser media lights. Russert set a standard extremely high, perhaps too high for others to follow.

irishbobcat

Elections come down to who the voters trust most on the major issues of the hour.....

As will be the case in 2008......

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

NBC's Tim Russert’s death may influence the 2008 Presidential Election?

It seems so tasteless to talk about this but this is politics. Tim Russert was a long time and loyal Democratic Party operative since 1976.

He also hosted the longest running TV show in television history “Meet the Press”. Russert once said that “he felt a chill run up his leg while watching an Obama speech”.

Tim Russert was a big media (Free Media) supporter for Obama.  How do you think the Republicans are feeling right now?

Ps, I watched his show every Sunday because he was a very good host. God Bless His Soul.