News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Fix School Funding?

Started by irishbobcat, June 12, 2008, 08:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

I do like the Republican Senator from Wooster's plan for making public education funding separate from the general fund like we do the library system.

As an independent candidate, I would be willing to work with both other parties. Bob Hagan has to listen to his party Boss Ted Strickland when to sit up, fetch, roll over, and play dead.

Dennis Spisak

campaign site: http://votespisak.tripod.com

check out our links regarding public education

ytowner

I support school vouchers for those in miserable school districts like Youngstown and Warren. I approve federal tax rebates to succeeding school districts.

Let's reward those who are succeeding. Let's allow parents to choose to get their children better educations in the private and catholic schools in areas like Youngstown and Warren. Other than that, I feel it is a state and local issue.

Towntalk

A link to what some Ohio folks are trying to do about school funding:

http://www.ohiofairschools.org/current_proposals.htm

Towntalk

The idea of property taxes being used to fund schools has been a controversial matter for years. The State Supreme Court ordered the legislature to come up with a new way to fund schools several years ago, but to date nothing has happened.

Both parties are to blame for this sorry situation.

irishbobcat

School Funding Petition Drive Fails, State House Leaders Must Try to Fix School Funding…Again

June 13, 2008

After more than fifteen months of an all-volunteer effort to collect petition signatures and qualify a comprehensive school funding constitutional amendment for the statewide ballot, the Getting It Right Consortium is suspending its signature gathering campaign. In so doing, the Consortium points out that its volunteers collected approximately 200,000 signatures, significantly more than any other all-volunteer petition campaign in recent Ohio history.

Once again students, teachers, parents, and citizens must look to the state house leaders to try and find a formula to fix state school funding.

We all know what State Representative Bob Hagan told the Youngstown Vindicator’s
2006 Voter’s Guide about his duties to fix school funding:

VOTER INFORMATION GUIDE 2006
Join the League in Supporting Positive Campaigning!
Ohio House
of Representatives
Question: What role does the
legislature play in protecting the
access of every child in Ohio to
a quality public education?

60th District
Robert F. Hagan (D)
562 Madera Ave.
Youngstown, OH 44504
Education: Ursuline High School
Senator
Qualifications for Office: Served in the
Legislature for 20 years/Raising 5 kids
Answer: The Ohio Constitution is clear
on what responsibility the legislature has
to provide a fair and equitable education
for all the 1.3 million children. I signed a
friend of the court document on supporting
the 550 school districts that sued the state
of Ohio for its failure to provide the fair
and accessible education for this state.

What has Bob Hagan done since then? Nothing.

Having been a teacher and principal in Ohio for the past 20 years and having served on the Struthers City School Board of Education the past three years I know Bob Hagan and company have done nothing to fix the school funding issue in Ohio. As a school board member, I have to put a band-aid on every state-funding cut we receive each year from Bob Hagan and the Ohio Legislature.

Can we afford to send Bob Hagan back to Columbus to try and fix Education AGAIN?

Dennis Spisak-Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative- 60th District

Campaign Web site: Http://votespisak.tripod.com