News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mahoning Green Jobs

Started by Towntalk, July 13, 2011, 10:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

I worked with several of Northern States Metals employees at my previous employer. The ones  I've spoke with aren't even making $10 an hour. These are family guys with anywhere from 5 to 20 years experience in aluminum fabrication.

Yes there are green jobs out there but I thinl I'll pass.

Rick Rowlands

You need 14,000 people to generate 30 percent of Ohio's energy if its "green" energy? Isn't that extremely wasteful in human resources? Sounds like the mother of all make work projects.

"All of these things require the public's support," Rothwell said. "And the public right now is probably a little bit skeptical and a little bit bitter because of the lingering effects of the recession." That quote is the reason why financiers are reluctant to invest in green technology. It is a money losing proposition. Does the oil and gas industry NEED public support? Does the coal industry? No. Because those are economically viable sources of energy.

Bottom line is: don't fault local banks and investors because they are making prudent decisions about where they are spending their money. They know a fraud when they see one.

iwasthere

Quote from: irishbobcat on July 13, 2011, 11:11:57 AM
Blame it on a lack of political leadership and foresight......
ditto

irishbobcat

Blame it on a lack of political leadership and foresight......