News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Future Mayor From Community Group

Started by jay, July 11, 2011, 06:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

dave bozonich is the brains behind williams looking good in front of the public not williamx himself. i would like to know why he left his government job in cleveland to become the cda director. the press is giving williams credit for the 2010 in reality it was john r. swierz that brought this plan back from one of his trips to nationwide conventions. swierz wanted to impliment the plan but mckevely did not want jrs to head this plan because it would make him look in front of ytown citizens when he would run for the mayor's position in 2005. williams had to plug in the numbers for the 2010 plan and swierz was the one that founded the funding to impliment the 2010 process that made williamss look like a genius in front of the public. if williams is to be credited in turning the city around why has the population decreased, where are the well paying jobs that are coming into ytown, has he turned the bad preception around about ytown, and does he have a plan to assist hawthorne to turn around the city schools or does williams will have to wait until jrs comes back from another convention to present williams with a plan to turn the city's schools around too. alot of people in the background have made williams look good in the public eye that he never gives credit to in public or in private.

Towntalk

This is why we need a Mayor like Williams. A strong private sector background and a vision for the city's future, and someone prepared to run the city like a business, and certainly not a "community activist" with no business background. And certainly not some political hack like the members of City Council.

Mayor's exit ends city's HUD bid

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/jul/14/mayor8217s-exit-ends-city8217s-hud-bid/

stewie

Quote from: jay on July 13, 2011, 08:05:18 AM
What does qualify someone to be mayor?

The Mayor is the CEO of the City.  He must negotiate contracts and agreements, make personell decisions, think on his feet, and be a strong leader. Anyone who actually has worked with Jay Williams knows that he is exactly that.  Throwing out lip service and being a good public speaker isn't enough.  Also, I am quite sure my 9 year old can memorize the City Charter. Williams has done a fine job in begining to turn the City around.  It is up to future administrations to pick up where he left off. 

iwasthere

Quote from: stewie on July 13, 2011, 12:07:56 AM
Strong community involvement in NO WAY qualifies you to be mayor.  That is why she lost.  And that is why she would never win. Oh and also she is crazy.
hey stewie do you want to maike those accustions in person instead on the internet. i will love to see maggy rip you a new one in public. stewie during the 200t debates she wiped the floor with hagan and williams about the knowledge she possessed in her head while those two had to refer to their notes during those debates. stewie i want you know that jay williams was elected with republican monies from the subs. clarence smith brought him to the board election to introduce him to other republican workers as their canditat in the 2005 mayoral choice while the republican party had a republican canditate in the race at the sametime named robert kornich. the day before the november election clarence smith dumped $20,000 into jay williams campaign cofers so his campaign would be in the positive. so much for jay williams being the independent candited to be elected to the ytown's mayor's office since the 1930's.

jay

QuoteStrong community involvement in NO WAY qualifies you to be mayor.

What does qualify someone to be mayor?

stewie

Strong community involvement in NO WAY qualifies you to be mayor.  That is why she lost.  And that is why she would never win. Oh and also she is crazy.

Quote from: iwasthere on July 12, 2011, 03:58:55 PM
i remember when maggy lorenzi was running for mayor in 2005 j williams supporters were making fun of her at the polls, because she knew the charter and oh orc inside and out with a strong background in community involvement.  a good mayor puts competent people in all appt positions that h/s does not have to micro manage. cnn came to her last fall to interview her about the crime on the ss not the mayor or the ss council reps. were ask about which solutions should be implimented.

Towntalk

Charles Scheible.

During his four years 3 bridges were built, Belmont, Fifth Ave. and Oak Street.

The Water Works got a major overhaul

More streets were paved than during any prior Mayor.

Other major public works projects were accomplished.

His term ended with the city in the black.

His cabnet knew that they had to perform or they were fired.

iwasthere

i remember when maggy lorenzi was running for mayor in 2005 j williams supporters were making fun of her at the polls, because she knew the charter and oh orc inside and out with a strong background in community involvement.  a good mayor puts competent people in all appt positions that h/s does not have to micro manage. cnn came to her last fall to interview her about the crime on the ss not the mayor or the ss council reps. were ask about which solutions should be implimented.

iwasthere

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on July 12, 2011, 06:18:45 AM
Chris has often been the spokesperson for the landbank initiative.
does his last name begin with a T

Penguins37

@Towntalk:  I completely agree. You need someone with more abilities than simply organizing and talking about problems. 

You have to think of the mayor as the city's CEO, as such there is a substantial burden of responsibilties.  You need a mayor who has the core competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities to lead a multi-faceted organization through turbulent times.  That requires considerably more than simply being involved in a neighborhood group. 

Towntalk

What we don't need is some immature activist that doesn't have the foggyest notion of how to run a city, but hops on every bandwagon that comes along. My vote is for a strong, no nonsense Mayor that fits the mold of former Mayor C. S. who got more accomplished in four years than all the Mayors before or after him.

When he ran for Mayor the Vindicator hated his guts and made no bones about it, even running page one editorials above the fold against him, but when his term was up, it was the Vindicator that ended up eating crow big time.

Under the City Charter in effect at the time, the Mayor was limited to one four year term.

jay

Sorry, I do not have that information.

Penguins37

Would you care to give a bit more info. Education and professional background?

jay

Chris has often been the spokesperson for the landbank initiative.