News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

West Side Town Hall Meeting - Wednesday, July 22

Started by jay, July 16, 2015, 05:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

Doughnuts were provided at this town hall meeting.  When the meeting ended, about 6 dozen doughnuts were left over.

jay

A few notes from the meeting

The city might stop cutting grass and weeds on vacant land.

Mill Creek Park is responsible for monitoring the water in the park's lakes.

The police department is still looking to the men who broke into several Mahoning Avenue businesses.

Three (3) former fourth ward councilmen and councilwomen attended the meeting.  The current fourth ward councilman was there too.

Towntalk

Jay, my family was members of Mahoning Methodist Church so I am quite familiar with it just as I am familiar with my apartment. we were members when they were planning and building the new section. The sad fact is that the people that bought the church had no business buying a church that large since they have a small congregation that is in no position to raise enough money each sunday to cover the expences. That was the very reason why the Mahoning United Methodist congregation sold the church. I'll suspect that the meeting was in the old sancuary that was on the second floor of the older section of the building.

jay

The meeting was in an auditorium on the second floor of the older portion of the building.

The church had several fans around the room.

Towntalk

If the preacher at that church doesn't keep the air condition on in weather like we've been having, they are going to ruin the pipe organ assuming that they haven't done it already with armatures banging on it not knowing what they are doing.

Towntalk

That church has air conditioning apparently they didn't turn it on.

jay

The venue

Not handicap accessible
No air conditioning

tonybudak@tbmw.org

You are invited to improve relations between teens, community residents and police, read the following,

GO 2: http://tbmw.org/about-us-youth-court/

jay

Fourth Ward Councilman Mike Ray used his own funds to send the town hall meeting announcement to residents in his ward.

8)

jay

West Side Town Hall Meeting

4th Ward Councilman, Mike Ray
5th Ward Councilman, Paul Drennen
Mayor John McNally
Community Police, YPD
County Commissioner Carol Rimedio Righetti
Mahoning County Juvenile Court
Mahoning Domestic Relations Court
Dog Warden, Dianne Frye

Wednesday, July 22,