News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Unwanted Phone Calls

Started by Towntalk, December 21, 2013, 10:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

We have a law here in Montgomery County MD that says you can tell them to put
your number on the "do not call list" and they are obligated to comply.  I've had
occasion to make use of this tactic a few to times.

Towntalk

We're all aware of those companies that employ people to call people selling something or other, and 99% of those calls are annoying, and unwelcome.
I average three a week, and while that may not seem like too many, they almost always occur around meal time, or when I'm busy doing stuff.
My policy has always been that I do not, under any circumstance do business with people who call me trying to sell me something, ask me to support a charity, or get me to change utilities.
If and when they call me, I hang up on them right away because I have no way of knowing whether they are telling the truth or not, and I assume that they are liars running a con.
All of us are well aware of worthwhile charities that we gladly support without getting unwelcome phone calls, and we also know how to handle our utility expenses to our advantage without having phone peddlers trying to get us to switch.
With all the scams we hear about in the news, the best policy is to assume that all those unsolicited phone calls are scams, and have absolutely nothing to do with them, or give them any information at all.