News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"The Late Great Atty. John Weed Powers"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, November 28, 2013, 01:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Powers Way, Powers Auditorium, Isaac Powers......one of the founding families of Youngstown.  On I680, you may have noticed going North, a hill alongside the highway with a sign for all to see an old cemetary of the Powers clan.
My wife and I first met Atty. John Weed Powers when we bought their old historic home in Poland Village.  We were living in Virgina back then but I had a goal of being the first in my family to return to Ohio, the land of my paternal grandfather, it was a long symbolic journey from the Philippines.  Atty. Powers was retired then and concentrated on community organizing, the true way.  He taught me to work for community and we all would prosper.  History and especially architecture was his passion and can be seen by all the historic structures preserved in Poland Village today.  Mr. Powers is the one responsible for my wife and I being servants of the community.
Rest in peace my dear friend, and say hello to my father.