News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Breast Cancer Mortality Rate In The Mahoning Valley

Started by jay, July 25, 2012, 10:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i will try to walk in this event. my family history is heart and cancer ailments and  throw in mental illness.

joly1584

My mother, who lives in Nebraska, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004.  In researching I was surprised to discover that in Nebraska you are more likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer and in Ohio you are more likely to die from breast cancer.

My mother did have a relapse of cancer in 2006 but she has been cancer free since her treatments at that time.  75 years young and still feisty as ever.  Two of her sisters and one of my cousins - all in Nebraska and Kansas have also been treated successfully for breast cancer.

jay

The breast cancer mortality rate in the Mahoning Valley is the 4th highest in the nation.  This has been due to lack of education, awareness and access to early detection and diagnostic services.

Joanie's Promise is that ALL women will have access to the life-saving services of the Joannie Abdu Comprehensive Breast Care Center.  All screening expenses will be covered for any woman who demonstrates financial need, and transportation will be provided for any woman who requires it.

Proceeds from the 10K/2 Mile Fun Walk/Run on Sunday, August 26 will go to the Joanie's Promise Fund.