News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Seismograph recording of today's Youngstown earthquake

Started by irishbobcat, December 31, 2011, 11:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Eiselstein, I think you need to triple your meds.....

Youngstownshrimp

I'm...........................slowly...............beginning to understand Spisak..............we do not need natural gas to heat ourselves.....................and oil for our cars ........................is no longer required...........................bicycles............and burning our forest for heat...................is all that ..................is needed..................Achtung! Heil SpisaK!!!!!!!!!!!

irishbobcat

Ytowner.....

If there were no big push for fracking wells, there would be no need for injection wells....

fracking wells and injection wells are kissing cousins....

we don't need either of them.....

sfc_oliver

Towntalk, there are times I wonder about the state.................
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

How does all this talk about Hitler apply to the topic of this thread? Simply this, we are inundated with talk pro and con about fraking and wells with all the nuances that go with it, yet most of us are not experts, so we have to rely on those who are in the know, but who can we trust? Both sides have ulterior motives which an either weigh to our benefit or to our regret, ie. Propaganda.

On the one hand you wouldn't go to a ditch digger to diagnose cancer, nor would you go to a dishwasher to resolve a legal question. But at the same time when the most important investment in you life is at stake you want on your side the best legal advice that is available and that doesn't come easy, especially from sources that are found on internet web sites.

One of the best places to go would be the County Bar Association, and a second source would be the main branch of the Public Library's General Reference department that possesses credible materials that can be provide by the librarian.

The prospect of riches has blinded many, but without the proper due diligence, that prospect can turn into a nightmare. This is why we should never trust any website we stumble over that is not run by a known source such as the BBB; the state, or federal government, or a newspaper article that can lead to trustworthy sources.

Towntalk

Some more Hitler quotes:

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise."

"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."

"But the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over. Here, as so often in this world, persistence is the first and most important requirement for success."

"The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be

"The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, for the vast masses of the nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell a big one."

Towntalk

We're both right sunshine, but Hitler's is older. He wrote it in the 1920's while in prison after his failed coup d'état, and Goebbels the chicken farmer simply applied it.

And a Happy New Year to you.

Janko

You're right, I have not read Mein Kampf.

I did a search for the quote on the internets and multiple sources came up with Goebbels.

happy new year!

Towntalk

You obviously haven't read Mein Kampf.

"All propaganda has to be popular and has to adapt its spiritual level to the perception of the least intelligent of those toward whom it intends to direct itself." Mein Kampf - Chapter 6.

Goebbels was simply applying Hitler's written statement. The doctrine itself is ancient and has been used by many both for good and ill, and unfortunately it's true regardless of who says it. We see it applied every single day in the news, on talk radio, and even in commercials.

Janko

Actually, it was Hitler's colleague Joseph Goebbels (and not Hitler) who gave the aforementioned quote of
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it"

This reminds me of a new, soon-to-be-famous quote:

"If you tell others Hitler did something and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

ha.

happy new year!

Why?Town

Yes ytowner, I do realize this is at the injection well. Thanks for pointing it out to those that may not be aware.

ytowner

Quote from: Why?Town on January 01, 2012, 12:08:03 PM
I was pretty skeptical at first but there does seem to be more than just a huge coincidence happening around the well.

But I have to wonder if we are really causing the quakes or are just prodding along something that would be happening eventually anyway.

And if so, maybe we are inadvertantly actually helping matters by causing some small earthquakes to stem off something huge. Like when they cause small avalanches in the mountains to avoid "the big one".
But please realize that the area in question is a BRINE INJECTION WELL. When the media and others say fracking is causing this, they are simply wrong.

Towntalk

Case in point, I had a good MD friend who was extremely intelligent, and so devoted to his profession that he gave 6 months a year to helping children in a Hong Kong hospital free of charge, yet in some ways he was a real lulu who thought that he was the reincarnation of Nostradamus. When he would give lectures it was amazing the number of people that went to hear him.

sfc_oliver

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

I wish I had your optimism about the human race but considering all the garbage that so many folks swallow unthinkingly it will take a great deal of convincing before I can even consider having second thoughts. Just historic events on my lifetime demonstrate man's gullability.

Hitler said that if he told a lie enough times that people would eventually accept it as fact.