News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Murdered Cops

Started by Towntalk, September 01, 2015, 11:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

It really is getting crazier out there.... including the media.  There used to be a time in this country
where the media simply REPORTED what happened, without all the SPIN this way, or that way.
Journalism as a whole in this country has really gone downhill.   

ALL lives matter - what our society seems to be losing more and more is respect
for the value of a human life,  PERIOD. 

I have a lot of respect for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line daily
to protect us and our loved ones.  I wouldn't judge ANY subset of the general population based
upon the actions of a small portion of that subset.

My father was a police officer when I was very young - my mother made him quit and pursue a
different line of work out of fear for his life and the fact that they had five children to raise.  She
did not want to see us grow up without a father in the event that some low life might blow him
away on the job.

I judge people by [as Dr. Martin Luther King said] the content of their character.  That says more
about them than anything else.  A person's behaviour and how they treat others speaks volumes
with regard to their character.

The problem with bad cops out there has always been around, as long as cops have been human
beings just like the rest of us - with the potential to be either good, bad, or indifferent.  What HAS
changed in recent years is the proliferation of the Internet and portable digital devices which have
become cheap and affordable by the masses, and which have cameras and recording devices and
instant access to the Internet built in.

I am in favor of body cameras for police officers - if they are attacked and hurt or killed and the
perpetrator escapes,  any video and audio captured by the devices may aid in their capture and
prosecution.

If the perpetrator(s) level false accusations against an officer, the recordings may vindicate them
and being recorded may discourage the few bad cops that ARE out there from doing the types of
things that some of them have been getting away with until recent times.

Cameras have no opinion, no prejudices, no favorites - they record what they record.  Combined
with simultaneous audio recording they are a truthful and accurate witness.

".....AND JUSTICE FOR ALL...."

Towntalk

:'( TWENTY SIX POLICE OFFICERS HAVE BEEN MURDERED SO FAR, YET THE NEWS MEDIA AND LIBERALS DOWNPLAY THESE DEATHS WHILE HARPING INSESTENTLY ON 'INNOCENT' PEOPLE WHO WERE KILLED BY POLICE OFFICERS. :'( :'( ACCORDING TO THE LIBERALS, MURDERED POLICE OFFICERS DO NOT MATTER. :'(