News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Basketball Dangerous To Your Brain

Started by Towntalk, September 13, 2010, 07:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rushblvd

irishbobcat

Rick.....

Get a life....

get a brain....

Rick Rowlands

You certainly are right at that.  You are the perfect school board member to oversee the creation of shallow, obese members of society. 

irishbobcat

Rick....

I am more qualified to sit on a school board than you are, you neo-con ......

You are clueless when it comes to school related issues.....you are like the

scarecrow in the Wizard of OZ......If you only had a brain........

You can't carry my gavel.......

Towntalk

Rick Rowlands

This is not suprising.  Just look at who gets elected to school boards! Some of them even frequent Internet Forums....... :)

Why is there this obsession with keeping children from all risk of harm, both physical and emotional?  Why is there such a desire in this country to create a bunch of obese, shallow adults?  My philosophy is to let children fall and get hurt-they then learn the consequences of their actions.  I also want to see them experience failures- it makes them appreciate true success. 

Towntalk

No, but look for some school officials to place basketball on the banned list in their schools.

Some schools have already banned such games as tag on school playgrounds.

Rushblvd

Was Tether-Ball mentioned?? That can be an evil sport ...One can get bonked in the head pretty good...

Towntalk

OUTLAW HIGH SCHOOL BASKET BALL FOR BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS! AND MAKE IT A FIRST DEGREE FELONY FOR ANY SCHOOL THAT DOESN'T COMPLY!

Head Injuries in Basketball Players on the Rise, Study Finds; It's Not Just Football

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/basketball-concussions-head-injuries-rise-teen-sports/story?id=11603847