News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Hour Currency For The West Side

Started by jay, January 30, 2013, 09:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Support our in-the-city farmers' markets.  Produce is grown locally or grown in the region.

kenneyjoe330

I am not real crazy about TimeBank but - laugh if you like - the way the U.S. Currency and our country is going West Side Hour Currency may well be WORTH a lot more than most people would think.  LOCAL - to me - is a Key Word - to a health economy - even if that means LOCAL Currency  ;)

jay

The local TimeBank is considering opening a store.  Maybe TimeBank members could convert their hours into the West Side Hour Currency and then use them to spend in the store.

We're checking to see if a local farmers' market would want to accept the West Side Hour Currency.

Towntalk

By the way the car is a 2013 Rolls Royce Phantom extended wheel base ... the top of the line model.

Towntalk

And as City Councilman, these should be your means of transportation.

Towntalk

Better this my friend.

jay

Towntalk

Jay, given your commendable loyality to your side of town, you, more than anyone else should be on the highest denomination. In point of fact, if I lived on your side of town, I would not think twice of voting for you for a seat on City Council, even if I had to write it in.

jay

It's been suggested that fourth ward councilman Mike Ray should be on one of the notes.

jay

About Counterfeiting

1.  These are only small denominations.  1/8 hour, 1/4 hour, 1 hour, 2 hours (see below)
      No one in their right mind would want to counterfeit these.

2.  The currency could only be spent at participating businesses on the west side.
     Counterfeiters want something they could spend everywhere.

Towntalk

The truth be told Dennis, I simply couldn't care less. I confine all my business to the North Side and Liberty Township which meets all my needs and see no need to venture to the Westside, not that I have anything against that side of town or its populous. It just boils down to the fact that in one trip, I can take care of all my business in a single morning, leaving the rest of my time to myself. If in the meantime, I need anything in the way of groceries, I have a store just a couple of doors away that I can walk to. If I need to go to town (which is rare), all I have to do is step out my door and catch a bus

irishbobcat

Well, it's working in some places....so call them to see if they are having any problems...

Towntalk

Nothing is 100% fullproof except U.S. currency which is printed on special paper that is not available to the general public, whoever prints HC can not guarintee their currency from counterfiting. Each sheet of paper used in producing our currency must be accounted for under penelty of prison yet we know that counterfitted money makes its way into circulation that is undetected for long periods of time.

irishbobcat

TT, this type of program is already in use in a few placesin the northeast, and have procedures in place to protect the "currency".