News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Game Of Washers

Started by jay, May 18, 2010, 08:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Rushblvd on May 19, 2010, 03:29:43 PM
ok this is sooooooooooooooooooo funny.. :laugh:.I believe JRS played washers a.k.a. ringers on his lunch/dinner break.. My dad made us a set at the mill. (of course on his lunch/dinner union break)So we had a set as kids...Lets find a set for the 7WCC picnic...This will be so much fun--- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
did anyone's fathers worked or did they just formed washer ringers gangs at work? ::) :o ;D

Rushblvd

ok this is sooooooooooooooooooo funny.. :laugh:.I believe JRS played washers a.k.a. ringers on his lunch/dinner break.. My dad made us a set at the mill. (of course on his lunch/dinner union break)So we had a set as kids...Lets find a set for the 7WCC picnic...This will be so much fun--- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

iwasthere

Quote from: john r. swierz on May 19, 2010, 02:31:45 PM

Have you ever worked a 24 hour shift?
since moving into this city it is a 24 hr shift fighting for justice.

john r. swierz

Have you ever worked a 24 hour shift?

iwasthere

you were the one that said you played washers on company's time. :D

john r. swierz

iwasthere , only you would respond like that. I worked very hard as a fire fighter, and yes many times my life was on the line. Shame on you!

iwasthere

Quote from: john r. swierz on May 18, 2010, 08:49:00 PM

I played it at several of the fire stations that I was assigned to in the 70's and 80's
you played washers while the ytown was on fire during your watch? ::) :o :D

john r. swierz

I played it at several of the fire stations that I was assigned to in the 70's and 80's

jay

Did anyone ever play the washers as a child?  The object of the game was to toss large metal hareware washers into a piece of pipe sticking slightly out of the ground.  The game was similar to playing horseshoes.

Someone told me this game was invented in this area of Ohio.  Is this true?