News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shopping District Quiz

Started by Towntalk, May 13, 2010, 05:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john r. swierz

Yes I am!  I lived up the street( a little stroll) at Forest and Himrod. The 2 stores were on the NE corner of E. Federal and Andrews . They had a Basket on a wire to send the money up to the office. They sold police and fire uniforms.

Towntalk

Right on all counts, but I was just considering Federal Street since it had the bulk of the large stores.

BY the way John are you familiar with the two Rosenbalm stores on the East End one a men's clothing store and the other a shoe store?

john r. swierz

It might have been the main, but plenty of stores and hotels on Front and Boardman Sts. and the cross streets.

john r. swierz

To the east it was Andrews Ave and to the west probably Belmont Ave. The east could have extended to Cedar St. and  to the west it could have extended
     to Rayen Ave.

Towntalk

At its peak, the downtown retail-shopping district was longer than it would be when Urban Renewal set in, but even then Federal Street was the main retail-shopping street.

1.   Where was its limit west?
2.   Where was its limit east?