News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Rosetta Stone

Started by Towntalk, May 06, 2010, 02:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

whytown did you sue?

Why?Town

From the article is seems that Howard Hanna is aware that they are only "testing the market".

I can't see them listing it for free.

Hell, I couldn't even get gina shutrump and her ex husband to finish building my house correctly and I was PAYING.

AllanY2525

Howard Hannah would probably get between 4% and 6% commission for
the sale of the Rosetta Stone....down home in Maryland, Long and Foster
is currently asking 7% to market and sell a property.

Typically, the realtor only gets paid if and when the property sells.  Given
the amount of money they make from these sales, and the small overhead
they have, this is more than reasonable.

iwasthere

the back property taxes, how far do they go back for delinquent status? ::)

Youngstownshrimp

What's the saying? "Not everything that shines is necessarily gold."

AllanY2525

I tend to agree that they are not doing the booming business that they claimed
they are... especially when they owe back property taxes - if the place was
generating that kind of revenue, then $4,000 +/- in property taxes could easily
be paid and up to date.

It's a shame, since the place is quite popular

Shar

Rumor has it that almost the entire kitchen staff and 2 bartenders walked out on Chuck a couple of weeks ago due to the way that Chuck runs the kitchen.   I am inclined to believe that rumor since their entire lunch menu changed last week.  I don't think they are doing as well as they would like us to think in that article.  ???

northside lurker

I think this is their way of making it a sellers market.  This will help them eliminate some of the people who would give them low-ball offers.  Or, they are asking what they believe to be a ridiculously high price and, if they find a buyer willing to pay that much, they'll sell.

Here's sort of an anecdotal example.  My neighbor has a classic car.  The book value of his car would be about $20k-25k.  He was offered $30k for it once, but didn't want to sell it.  But, maybe my neighbor, out of curiosity, decided to list his car for sale at $40k to see if he got any interest.  He may love his car, but everyone has their price.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Why?Town

I was wondering what Howard Hanna gets out of this. Do they get paid even if doesn't sell? How much?

Rick Rowlands

What is the point of "testing the market"? Either its for sale or its not.  How pissed would a prospective buyer be if after making inquiries into the property to have the seller say" Oh well ,we just wanted to see what you would pay, but we're not going to sell it after all!"

Youngstownshrimp

All Flash and no Cash!