News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Housing Demolition

Started by jay, March 30, 2010, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Hmmm.... "half steam" pace could be interpreted as "half a$$ed" pace... LOL

Sounds like the typical beaurocracy at work here... we all know that there is a communication problem
between demolitions and the rest of city government.  The carriage house at No. 259 Park Avenue was
a perfect example of that lack of communication between city departments.

I'm still upset about that particular demolition, especially when there had already been a commitment
by a city government official to leave the carriage house alone (ie: standing) after the rest of the demo
was done on that lot.

What do you think is causing the lack of communication?  I'm sure that there will be some finger pointing
going on, but someone somewhere is ultimately the cause (or failure, as the case may be).

AllanY2525

Jay,

Did the report say why the housing demolition program was being scrutinized by the council?
I hope they aren't getting ready to cut back or lay anyone off - the city needs to keep
moving "full steam" to tear down all  of the vacant and dilapidated housing.

Which station aired the report?

jay

On the TV news yesterday, a story indicated that the Youngstown housing demolition program was being scrutinized by city council. 

Did anyone attend this meeting?
What was the outcome?