News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

South Side Arby's To Close

Started by jay, November 04, 2009, 07:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

Burger King moved across the street to where the Newport Theater use to be and Popeye's Chicken moved to where BK use to be. Both always seem busy as is Wendy's on Market.

Rick Rowlands

What fast food restaurant is built where the Newport Theater used to be?

northside lurker

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

Quote from: sfc_oliver on November 05, 2009, 03:12:14 PM
If Youngstown taxes weren't so high maybe more businesses would stay in the city.

If more businesses remained in the city, maybe our income tax wouldn't be so high :)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

sfc_oliver

If Youngstown taxes weren't so high maybe more businesses would stay in the city.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

Isn't that new Arby's on Youngstown-Poland Road being built in Boardman Township?

Customers hopefully buy products and services from city businesses.   The local businesses and their employees pay city income taxes.  The city income taxes are used to provide the public services we all need and use.

Today is Patronize Downtown Youngstown Day.  Do your part by spending a few bucks in downtown Youngstown.

Mary_Krupa

Arby's is very expensive. I'm surprised that they are doing so well on Yo Po Ro that they are building a new restaurant.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Towntalk

I have to agree with you Why?Town. Local families have just so much money to spend on non-essencials in these economically dismal days what with the cost of everything going out of sight.

Which is more important, keeping the bill collectors at bay, or spending all our money supporting non-essencial businesses?

Why?Town

I agree that people need to support local businesses but I don't believe people have an obligation to spend more than is neccessary for a given product or service.

If that Arby's menu is priced the same as the Mahoning Ave. store, I'm not surprised they can't survive this economy especially with a Taco Bell right up the road. Burger King's $1 double cheeseburger probably isn't helping either.

jay

The south side Arby's located on Market Street is scheduled to close due to a lack of business.

Youngstown residents must support our local businesses or the businesses will close.