News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Councilman Is Looking For Tennis Shoes

Started by jay, October 16, 2009, 06:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rushblvd

No, I think it does say "what about Chaney"? Litterbugs- Litterbugs--that's what it says..ummmm

kenneyjoe330

Chaney ?   You do mean what does it say about the principle and staff ? 

Rushblvd

With the right equipment I believe he could :laugh:

jay

Here's a pair of tennis shoes hanging right in front of Chaney High School.  What does that say about Chaney?

The tennis shoes are within arms length if the councilman would choose to climb up that pole.

;D Would pay to see that happen ;D

Towntalk

JUST ASKING:

Are those who are opposed to charter schools also opposed to Catholic schools and other church run schools which take the cream of the crop away from the public schools?

Rushblvd

iwasthere

rush gal it means that the teachers at Summit Academy are supplementing their low paying teachers' s wages. :-X

Rushblvd

There was a pair hanging from the wire behind Summit School on Oak and Kenmore, what does this all mean.?????

kenneyjoe330

Hay Hay Now - before we even start second and third guessing about your grandparents - :D guilty or not  8) what about the people across the street  ::) or even next door  :-\ .   I am reading a book about George Daabue and the "stuff" he possibly had done in his early days and what ever your grandparents did I am quite sure it was not as bad as that  :laugh:.  What side of town did they live on or could you give the name of the street ?   My first guess would be the South Side some where West of Market and East of Glenwood North of Dewey and South of St. Pat's - Or along Stewart on the East Side or Elm on the North or around Mahoning and Steel on the West.  I love guessing please tell me the answer  ;D or some hints would be good too  ;)

Oldmill

Hmmmm.... I remember back in the early 60's my grandparents had a pair of tennis shoes hanging from the phone wire in front of their house-. Now, y'all got me wondering if they were dealin dope. Oy Vey!!!

kenneyjoe330

The Seventh Ward Councilman has gotten tennis shoes removed from overhead lines several times.  It may seem ridiculous to believe that tennis shoes on an overhead line denotes drug activity but I firmly believe it is true.  I remember having large city wide Block Watch meetings with local, state and even Federal Officers talking about tennis shoes on overhead lines as being a "marker of sorts" for a drug area or an area controlled by a certain "Gang".  That is probably why those shoes had red on them - it was meant to look like blood and scare "tattle tails".  Red is also a great gang color and in the past few days a lot of the young boys have been wearing red tops and black pants in my hood.   If you think about it there were a LOT of drugs in the 60's let alone in the 70's.  If you also think about it stuff like drugs happens in the boon dockers too - it isn't exclusive to city life.  To go even further - these KIDS/CHILDREN tend to be (like me) lazy and why would they go to all the trouble of putting the shoes up there if it didn't mean SOMETHING - at least to THEM.  NOW the part of "here I am" or "this is where it's at" is very simple if you stop to think about it - they just plain DO NOT CARE ! ! !  They are either juveniles or very young - they have NOTHING to loose 1) IF they get caught - once - twice - thrice etc.  2)  If they go to Juvy or Jail they come back with stories their contemporaries love to hear about and are looked up to not to mention some FRIENDS they meet on the INSIDE to boot.  3) They LOVE the "catch me if ya can" Chase - for them IT is the BEST GAME IN TOWN and ALWAYS gives them something to do that is exciting.  Also think about this for just one second - that is all the time I will give you - answer yes or no IMMEDIATELY - do you think they have the same fear/respect for the police/courts that YOU had at their age?   I have also been told recently that the old ONE time undercover drug buy you now need THREE (3) BUYS to get THEM - I hope that is not true but I bet it is - so  you catch them once, twice and they move.
S'BOHUM

Why?Town

I think that's an old wive's tale. Well maybe not that old, but still.

I first saw tennis shoes on power lines way back in the late seventies and have also seen them way out in the sticks.

Also since it's known by the authorities to supposedly indicate a drug house, why would you advertise like that? "Hey look over here officer! I'm selling drugs!"

Rushblvd

The one pair look like they could be part of a crime scene..

jay

According to an article in the Seventh Ward Coalitions' Newsletter, tennis shoes hanging from a telephone wire are a sign of a drug house.  The seventh ward councilman will see to it that the shoes are removed.