News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown Tire Recycling Drive - Saturday, October 16

Started by jay, October 13, 2021, 05:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Why?Town

Mahoning Co. is now charging to take car tires. They must figure wasting your time and gasoline in their almost endless collection lines just isn't enough.

Here's a link to Trumbull County's version of tire collection:

http://startrecycling.com/images/pdf/Scrap_Tire_Trumbull_2021.pdf

Girard and Warren gives residents seven months of weekdays and Cortland gives residents a whole month to drop off tires. There are even a couple of places offering only one week but even the places that offer only a few hours on one single day can't create long lines lines like Mahoning Co. does because even if every resident showed up at the same time there would be far shorter and faster lines than Mahoning county creates. I bet that the amount of gasoline being used in all the Trumbull Co. lines combined is less than the gasoline wasted in Mahoning County's only tire recycle line.

Here's a link to Trumbull and Geauga's version of Hazardous Waste and electronics drop off. It's at least Wednesday every week April though October with a handful of Saturdays thrown in for good measure. I've taken stuff there from my mom's house in Girard a couple different times and even though it's not close to Girard. It's still quicker than any line Mahoning Co. has put me in to recycle anything.

I'm not suggesting any NON-Trumbull Co. residents go to any of these.   I'm just giving everyone an opportunity to see how great Trumbull does theirs.

I wonder what's the chance of getting Mahoning to improve their game?

jay