News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Scary provisions in the proposed health care bill.

Started by Dan Moadus, July 29, 2009, 10:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

The official government source for this info. is the bill itself.  Note those little numbers?  Those are PAGE NUMBERS from the bill.

irishbobcat

Danny Boy...when you personally chck them out...cite the official government source of the info....then give me a ring.....

until then....it sounds like right wing lies to me, Col. Sanders style.....extra crispy.

irishbobcat

Dan Moadus

Dennis, you display the hallmark of a leftist. When challenged, you don't even try to make a counter argument, you just call names.

Now I just posted over forty provisions someone sent to me from the proposed health care bill, that should concern people, and you didn't address whether or not they are accurate, or if they are, why we shouldn't be concerned about them.

Your childish responses to people who question you, and your inability to counter argue, do more damage than good to your causes (which is OK by me), and should serve as an indication to you, that maybe you should reconsider some of your views.

Let's try again with the provisions I listed. Do you deny any of them, or do you think we should be concerned about them?

Rick Rowlands

Conservatives argue their point with facts.  Liberals argue theirs with personal attacks.  Dennis, please put some thought into your replies.  If you are not regurgitating news releases you are personally attacking other people on this forum.  Form a rational, original thought for once.

irishbobcat

The boy who cried wolf......Dan Moadus.......

or chicken little........Dan Moadus

Dan Moadus

I haven't personally checked these out as I just received this information, but I will. Let's see if they're true.

A REVIEW OF KEY POINTS IN THE HEALTH PLAN

Some of the items in the Health Care Plan now in the works (Yes, someone IS reading over 1000 pages!  But it isn't your representatives in Washington D.C.!):

Pg 22 of HC Bill - MANDATES the Gov't will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!

Pg 29 Lines 4-16 - YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!  You can only get so much "care" per year.

Pg 30 Sec 123 - THERE WILL BE A GOV'T COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

Pg 42 - The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits for you. You have no choice!

PG 50 Section 152 - HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise.

Pg 58 - Gov't will have real-time access to individuals finances & a National ID HealthCard will be issued!

Pg 59 Lines 21-24 - Gov't will have direct access to your bank accts for elective funds transfer.

PG 65 Sec20164 - Is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions & community orgs (ACORN).

Pg 72 Lines 8-14 - Gov't is creating an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Gov't control.

PG 84 Sec 203 - Gov't mandates ALL benefit packages for private HC plans in the Exchange.

PG 85 Line 7 - Specs for Benefit Levels for Plans = The Gov't will ration your Healthcare!  AARP members - your Health care WILL be rationed.

PG 91 Lines 4-7 - Gov't mandates linguistic appropriate services..... Example - Translation for illegal aliens.

Pg 95 Lines 8-18 - The Gov't will use groups i.e. ACORN & AmeriCorps to sign up individually for Gov't HC plan.

PG 102 Lines 12-18 - Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice.

Pg 124 Lines 24-25 - No company can sue GOV'T on price fixing. No "judicial review" against Gov't Monopoly.

Pg 126 Lines 22-25 - Employers MUST pay for HC for part time employees AND their families.

Pg 127 Lines 1-16 - Doctors/AMA - The Gov't will tell YOU what you can make.

Pg 145 Line 15-17 - An=2 0Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public opt plan. NO CHOICE!

Pg 149 Lines 16-24 - ANY Employer w/payroll 400k & above who does not provide pub option pays 8% tax on all payroll.

Pg 150 Lines 9-13 - Biz w/payroll between 251k & 400k who doesn't prov. pub. opt pays 2-6% tax on all payroll.

Pg 167 Lines 18-23 - ANY individual who doesn't have acceptable HC according to Gov't will be taxed 2.5%.

Pg 170 Lines 1-3 - Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes (You and I will pay for them).

Pg 195 - Officers & employees o f HC Admin (GOV'T) will have access to ALL Americans financial/personal records.

PG 203 Lines 14-15 - "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax"  Yes, it says that.

Pg 239 Lines 14-24 - Gov't will reduce physician services for Medicaid - Seniors, low income, poor will be very affected..

Pg 241 Lines 6-8 - Doctors, doesn't matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the same.

PG 253 Lines 10-18 - Gov't sets value of Dr's time, professional judgments, etc. Literally value of humans.

PG 265 Sec 1131 - Gov't ma ndates & controls productivity for private HC industries.

PG 268 Sec 1141 - Fed Gov't regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs.

PG 272 SEC. 1145 - TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS - Cancer patients - welcome to rationing!

Page 280 Sec 1151 - The Gov't will penalize hospitals for what Gov't deems preventable readmissions.

Pg 317 Lines 13-20 - OMG!! PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. Gov't tells Drs. what/how much they can own.

Pg 317-318 Lines 21-25,1-3 - PROHIBITION on expansion - Gov't mandates if hospitals can/cannot expan d.

Pg 321 2-13 - Hospitals have opportunity to apply for exception, BUT community input required. Can you say ACORN?!!

Pg 335 Lines 16-25 Pg 336-339 - Gov't mandates establishment of outcome based measures. HC the way they want. Rationing..

Pg 341 Lines 3-9 - Gov't has authority to disqualify Medicare Adv Plans, HMOs, etc. Forcing all into Gov't HC plan.

Pg 354 Sec 1177 - Gov't will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs.

Pg 379 Sec 1191 - Gov't creates more bureaucracy - Telehealth Advisory Committee. Can you say HC by phone?

PG 425 Lines 4-12 - Gov't mandates "Advance Care Planning Consultation". Think Senior Citizens end of life.  Seniors will be interviewed every year for health issues and decisions made as to what care they can or can't receive.

Pg 425 Lines 17-19 - Gov't will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney. Mandatory!

PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 - Gov't provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death.

PG 427 Lines 15-24 - Gov't mandates program for orders for end of life. The Gov't has a say in how your life ends.

Pg 429 Lines 1-9 - An "Advance Care Planning Consultation" will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates.

PG 429 Lines 10-12 - "Advance Care Consultation" may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from GOV.

Pg 429 Lines 13-25 - The Gov't will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.

PG 430 Lines 11-15 - The Gov't will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.

Pg 469 - Community Based Home Medical Services - Nonprofit orgs. Hello, ACORN Medical Services here!!?

Page 472 Lines =2 014-17 - PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY BASED ORG. 1 monthly payment to a community-based org. Like ACORN?

PG 489 Sec 1308 - The Gov't will cover Marriage & Family therapy. Which means they will insert Gov't into your marriage.

Pg 494-498 - Gov't will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, rationing those services.

This, and more, is all in there; check it out yourself!  And be afraid.  You must contact your Senators and Representative and STOP this insane Health Care Plan before they vote to pass it some midnight (the cowards don't act on bad legislation during regular session. Think the 'stimulus' packages.)

Suggest if the President and members of Congress are so confident they will pass a=2 0'good' HC program they cancel their own 'golden health care for life' packages in favor of their inspired legislation. They would rewrite most of the above – FAST!