News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Sidewalks And Snow

Started by jay, January 12, 2009, 09:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

I think they do that now.  They attach a blade to the front of their carts.  Something like this:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Elmo-Ytown

Maybe the city should have a couple people on golf cart size "sweepers" that clear sidewalks after a snow.

Leah

It's not just downtown.  Parts of the YSU campus were pretty rough yesterday too.

northside lurker

I was more peeved that there wasn't always a path in both directions from many corners at intersections.  For example, while walking from Purple Cat to the YMCA building, I had to take a couple left turns and right turns to find the path, instead of just walking in a straight line.  Another example: when walking from Federal Station down Federal St., across Symphony Pl., I had to walk in the street because there was a large plow drift blocking sidewalk at the NE corner of the intersection.  This was fixed on my walk home this evening, with a narrow channel cut through the drift.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

This photo was taken on the north side of West Federal Street between Phelps and Hazel.

Click on the photo for a larger view

jay

We have extremes when it comes to removing snow from the sidewalks in downtown Youngstown.  This photo was taken on the south side of West Federal Street in the block between Phelps and Hazel.

Click on the photo for a larger view