News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Voting

Started by Towntalk, October 10, 2008, 03:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I didn't ask her.

When a total stranger comes to my door unsolicited to ask me questions about my private matters that are none of their business, I get rid of them faster than a Jack Rabbit running away from a hunter.

Personally, I keep myself to myself, and don't welcome strangers into it.

Voting is a private matter, and I choose to keep it that way.

Certainly she was not a candidate ... she was trying to get me [1] Regestered to vote and I am already regestered. [2] She was trying to get me to vote absentee and I already sent my application in for an Absentee Ballot.

Elmo-Ytown

Who did the lady work for? A candidate?

Towntalk

We've been hearing a great deal about ACORN going around registering people to vote, and the whole subject of voter fraud, and now we're hearing that the Mahoning County Board of Elections will have a number of video cameras mounted in and around their facility for security reasons.

My question is: Have you or anyone you know bee approached to either regester or vote absentee?

For my part, a lady came to my door last week trying to regester me, telling me that I could vote absentee and that she could do it for me. I wasn't nasty with her but sent her on her way.

I always vote absentee and go on line to get the application directly from the Board of Election and mail it in myself so that there aren't any problems, and would never trust people I do not know to do it for me.