News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question About LWV Voter Information Guide

Started by jay, October 08, 2008, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

In the race for President of the United States, the Voter Information Guide for the local League only lists McCain, Nader and Obama.  I'm sure there are more candidates for U.S. President running in the state of Ohio.  Why are there so many omissions in this voters guide?

irishbobcat

I just received this reply from the Youngstown League of Women Voters:

Dear Mr. Spisak:  The League of Women Voters of Greater Youngstown apologizes for the oversight.  It was not our intent to exclude you and certainly we did not do so because you are a third party candidate.  Please send us a copy of what you sent the Athens league, and we will distribute as widely as possible.  Again, my sincere apologies for the error. 

Suzanne Barbati

Sincerely,

Dennis Spisak- Green Party Candidate for Congress-6th District

jay

Did anyone vote early in the 6th Congressional District?
Were all three names on the ballot?

irishbobcat

I did qualify for this race and am on the ballot. Somebody didn't do their homework. I have  been officially on the ballot since September 2, 2008.

THE YOUNGSTOWN LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OR SOMEBODY DROPPED THE BALL.

The ATHENS, OHIO LWV SENT ME A QUESTIONNAIRE TO FILL OUT AND WILL PRINT>>>>>>>

MY CAMPAIGN IS OWED AN APOLOGY FROM THE YLWV......

Of Course, this is just another example how inpedendent third party candidates are treated in this area.

VOTE SPISAK ON NOVEMBER 4th!

Dennis Spisak- Green Party Candidate-6th District- US CONGRESS~~~~~~

jay

I acquired a copy of the League of Women Voters' information guide for this election.  For the 6th Congressional District race, only the Democrat and Republican candidates are listed.  I thought Dennis Spisak also qualified for this race.