News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Amazing statement...

Started by Elmo-Ytown, October 04, 2008, 02:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I'm reminded of my High School History teacher - Mr. McPhee, and my Civics teacher - Mr. Stephens who taught us civic duty and were true inspirations. I'll never forget the day that Mr. Stephens brought in a guest teacher ... Congressman Mike Kerwin (Mr. Stephens brother was a staffer for the Congressman). Once I was old enough to vote, I registered, and have never missed an election since 1960.

Both teachers not only told us that it was our duty to vote, but they backed it up with inspirational lessons.

How much empathises is placed on History and Civics today.

kenneyjoe330

How very sad  :'( .   I don't think I would have been as kind.  I feel strongly that voting is an OBLIGATION.  I would have asked her what high school she went to and thought less of it.  She was probably a nice looking young lady but I think I would have had to tell her she was an UGLY American.  I also have a problem with people who don't vote because they do not want to be called to "Jury Duty".
I think that makes them irresponsible people - then again that may well be just little ol me .

Elmo-Ytown

About 24 - 28. I just told her that if she doesn't vote then she obviously thinks that her opinion doesn't matter, and that I agreed. lol.

jay

What was the approximate age of the person quoted?

Elmo-Ytown

A lady said to me tonight.... "Politics are soooooo the thing right now!! They are so great!!! I DON'T EVEN VOTE!!! I looooooooooove politics!!! Oh oh!! Do you watch The View?!?!?! They are so great on politics!!!"

Amazing...