News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ohio's Lazy Lawmakers

Started by irishbobcat, March 29, 2008, 02:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Ohio's Lazy Lawmakers in Columbus

Press Release- March 29, 2008

Times are tough: every day we hear more bad news about the economy.  Foreclosures, evictions and job loss are hitting our most vulnerable families and neighborhoods. Sounds like Ohio? It's California. But one sector of the economy is bucking the trend. Green technology business (like solar and wind energy) grew an astounding 40 percent to over $77 billion last year in California.

We need to push for a new green economy with opportunity for everyone, especially those getting pushed out of the pollution-based economy that is now so deeply troubled.

I was excited to learn that green-collar jobs have become the topic in Sacramento. Last month, the California Legislature introduced no fewer than NINE bills about green career education and workforce development. The legislature's most powerful leaders are deeply engaged - including Assembly Speaker Fabian Núñez and incoming Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg'

Over the past two years, the Golden State has set a "green standard" for other states to follow with the "Global Warming Solutions Act" and the "Million Solar Roofs" initiative. This year, California's eco-leadership will continue with powerful green-collar jobs solutions. California state leaders are working hard to help shape these bills and ensure they include "green pathways out of poverty" for the people of California.

And what are Ohio Lawmakers doing? They are having trouble passing one energy bill through the legislature. We can pass  'don't touch the strippers   ' bill but we can't form an energy policy or even introduce bills about green career education and workforce development.

As the Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative for the 60th District, I will make it my number one priority to make sure Green Career Education and workforce development projects are passed in Columbus to use blue-collar skills in a new green-collar manufacturing base here in the valley.

I don't believe Current Representative Bob Hagan has even proposed nine workforce development bills in his last 20 years in Columbus.

To learn more about my campaign please visit our web site at www.votespisak.tripod.com. Visit the link Health Care and progressive job programs.
Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dennis Spisak-Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative-60th District