News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown blows $2 Million City Surplus Fund?...

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, March 26, 2008, 07:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I think that in the long run, cleaning up the city will bring more TAX PAYERS  and businesses (also tax payers)
into the city - which will help the city's budget immensely, in time.  Closing some of the schools and consolidating
the students into the new (or in the case of Chaney - remodeled and enlarged) school buildings will ultimately
cut costs [an example].

If the citizens of Youngstown think that Jay Williams is not doing a good job as mayor, then they will speak
quite loudly to this effect in the next mayoral election, I'm sure.  As an outsider (and citizen "emeritus") of
Youngstown, I tend to approve overall of the job he has been doing, thus far.  Every mayor makes mistakes,
especially a young one who is relatively new to the world of politics - but I think that most of the time, Jay
owns up to his own mistakes, and tries his best to correct them - or at least tries his best to not repeat them.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

I think that you are "Wishful Thinking"...The Mayor will have Big Problems on his next election.

ytowner

Quote from: Maggy on March 26, 2008, 02:57:45 PM
2.2 million surplus...

2.2million in new hire salaries alone in 2006 & 2007...benefits not included...

This math is simple enough...
And like you weren't going to spend the money from the surplus either... Okay Maggie.

Sometimes you have to spend to get things done, and although I am against big spending, sometimes spending of demolition and for other necessities is needed.

I APPROVE of Jay Williams job and he will blow out anyone in the upcoming election!

Maggy

2.2 million surplus...

2.2million in new hire salaries alone in 2006 & 2007...benefits not included...

This math is simple enough...

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Youngstown blows $2 Million City Surplus Fund?...What the hell did they buy for the city?

"When Williams took over as mayor Jan. 1, 2006, the city's general fund had a $2,291,600 surplus."

"But the city spends more than it collects and that surplus is projected to be $2,997 by Dec. 31 if nothing is done."

"It's even worse next year with a projected deficit of as much as $4.5 million by Dec. 31, 2009, again, if nothing is done."

"Having few alternatives, Williams and his administration are recommending to city council that up to 60 jobs be cut by July 1."

Quoted from Vindy.com writer; By David Skolnick 3/21/2008