News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

On The Radio Now - New Events Coordinator

Started by jay, January 14, 2008, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

There is also the matter of transmission radeation factors where there are two or more stations on the same frequency ... for example WKBN's radeation factor changes at about 6:00 PM so that it will not interfere with another station on 570 Kc.

Some frequencies are more crowded than others and to overcome interference there will be a number of stations that that only get a sunup to sunset license while others get a 24 hour license.

With the advent of internet radio, and with more stations using this technology it is now possable to hear low power stations that use this technology.

On my web site I link to over 2000 radio stations that you can listen to: http://farrell-report.tripod.com with a wid variety of formats

Rick Rowlands

AM waves travel differently during the day than at night, so stations have to change how they broadcast at sundown. When I lived in western Ohio I could hear WKBN until sundown, then something changed and I couldn't hear them anymore.  Maybe has something to do with ionization in the atmosphere?

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on January 17, 2008, 09:08:04 AM
Solar powered radio?
I think some AM stations operate under very old laws that require them to cease their broadcast at sunset.  When I was a kid, I listened to an AM station in Canton, WRCW, that did this.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

jay

I'm sorry if you missed the interview.  The station went off the air at about 5:15 p.m.  The station must operate from sun up to sun down.

jay

Monday, January 14,  5:00 p.m.
Louie Free Show
1330-AM

The new downtown  events coordinator is the guest.