News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown School Board Candidates

Started by jay, August 29, 2007, 09:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Thanks Jay.

What really chafes my hide is the fact that most of the people who run for School Board Member simply use it to start up the political ladder, and couldn't care less about the youth that they are suppose to serve. Where are the really dedecated people whose first and only priority is the very best education that our children can get? To the man, they talk the talk, but do not walk the walk.

And where are the voters when it comes to runing for Board Member?

How many debates will center around the Board positions, so that the public can ask the candidates the really hard questions?

Considering what's at stake, as much attention should be given to the Board races as the City Council races, yet I doubt that the local media will give it much attention until The Vindicator publishes its endorsements.

jay

Richard Atkinson is from the north side's third ward.

Towntalk

Beside the West Side, did anyone from the North Side throw their hat in the ring?

As for the South and East Sides, is there anyone qualified to run for the School Board?

Given the condition of our city school system, I question the fitness of both the Board and the Superintendant. I seriously doubt that any of them would be considered for jobs in the private school sector. Our youth deserve better than what they are getting. There is no excuse for the city school system to be in the shape it's in.

If I had to choose between sending my children to the city schools and Home Schooling them, Home Schooling would win out every time.

jay

Most of the new candidates for school board are from the west side.

Why are so many west side residents choosing to run at this time?

jay

A list of Youngstown School Board candidates

Richard W. Atkinson
Gene Cook
Michael J. Murphy
Monica Neives
Shelley Murray
Mike Write
Anthony J. Catale

Murray and Write are currently on the school board.   Atkinson is a member of city council.
Does anyone know anything about the new candidates?