News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mary P. Charafa Oliver, wife of sfc_oliver

Started by ForumManager, November 06, 2016, 09:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

One had to know Mary to understand what a beautiful person she was. 8 years ago she turned down getting a liver transplant. She told the Doctor to give it to someone younger. She was 68 at the time... She had it rough these last 2 years but still she wanted to work on her ceramic pieces and finished some difficult ones while giving me directions on finishing some others... I don't know where this new chapter will take me but I'm certain I'll have an angel watching my every move....
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

I was sorry to learn of the passing of your loved one.

ForumManager

It is with heavy heart that we share sad news that the wife of long time member sfc_oliver  has passed away. May she rest in peace.

Here is her obituary from the vindicator.
LOWELLVILLE - Mary P. Charafa Oliver, 76, died Wednesday morning, Nov. 2, 2016, at her residence, surrounded by her family.
Mary was born April 18, 1940, in Laredo, Texas, a daughter of the late Ernesto and Frances Martinez Charafa.
Mary was raised in Laredo and later lived in Missouri where she met her husband, SSG Everett Oliver. When Everett received word of his deployment to Europe, they were married Dec. 30, 1982. Everett left for Europe in January and Mary joined him in May.
Mary was a true military wife. She made a home for her family wherever her husband was stationed, and for many years they lived in Germany.
A ceramic instructor, Mary taught classes in Germany. Her students could not understand a word of English, nor her, German, but together they created beautiful works of art. Mary loved her art, dancing and watching movies. She also enjoyed reading magazines, doing jigsaw puzzles with her husband and crossword puzzles.
She leaves her husband of 33 years, Everett Oliver of Lowellville; two daughters, Rosemary Massy of Dixon, Mo. and Gina (Chris) Boerger of Liberty Township; four sons, Roy York of Branson, Mo., Thomas York of Dixon, Dirk (Sandy) Oliver and Steve Oliver, all of Germany; one brother, Ernesto (Eliza) Charafa Jr. of Corpus Christi, Texas; 13 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, Mary was preceded in death by her daughter, Angela Spurlock.
There will be a private family gathering on Saturday.
Arrangements are being handled by the Cunningham-Becker Funeral Home, Lowellville Chapel.
The family requests that any gifts take the form of contributions to Mary's favorite charity, Boys Town, 14100 Crawford St., Boys Town, NE 68010.
Visit www.beckerobits.com to send condolences.

http://www.vindy.com/news/tributes/2016/nov/04/#sthash.Iov3oKr6.dpuf