News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

No Youngstown

Started by jay, July 28, 2015, 06:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

If you are so unhappy with WFMJ's weather coverage why do you keep watching 21 News? WKBN and WYTV both show Youngstown on their weather maps as well as other graphics. Is it because WFMJ is "local" and you will only support "local" businesses? In case of TV both WKBN and WYTV do a superior job covering local news and weather even to the point of sending out their mobile units to help cover it. Paul Wetzl, WKBN's Chief Weather Man also does a smashing job covering the weather on line, and does a super job responding to questions, as well as welcomes user weather related pictures.

jay

QuoteBoardman Township is listed and also one other city in Mahoning County.

Question

Name the city listed.

Answer

Beloit

AllanY2525

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on July 30, 2015, 08:21:40 AM
Maybe they name the towns in which the thermometers are actually located in?

That sounds quite logical......and face it, how much is the temperature gonna vary wildly
between youngstown and its next door neighbor?  And how often?

Rick Rowlands

Maybe they name the towns in which the thermometers are actually located in?

jay

Boardman Township is listed and also one other city in Mahoning County.

Question

Name the city listed.

Peggy Gurney

That's why I watch WKBN. Youngstown is front and center.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

This is no unusual or a snub of the city, nor is it peculiar to WFMJ. There will be days when none of them show Youngstown on their maps just as there will be times when they might not expressly mention Youngstown. Why don't you go to WFMJ's web site and voice your concern? This has never really bothered me because my good common sense tells me what the temprature is.

jay

Did anyone notice that on the WFMJ weather reports the map for local temperatures lists the temperature for Boardman but not for Youngstown?