News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Terrified Of Truth

Started by Towntalk, July 27, 2015, 08:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Why is is that so many people today are terrified of truth. We want the truth, yet when we get it we do everything in our power to suppress it even to the point of turning our backs on those who are truthful with us whether they are friends or family. When I first started using web sites like this, I came with one premise in mind, I will make no friends either here or on any facebook site that I might join, for one very simple reason, none of the people that I come in contact with could really care about me as a true friend who would take that extra step for me. Do I have such a friend? Yes I do, and I cherish that friendship as if it were a mountain of gold. I also have two family members that I cherish, and if those I come in contact either here or on facebook were as honest with themselves, they would see that like me, they have very few very personal friends, but many they may know, for in the final analysys, when all is said and done, how many people that you come into contact with either here or on facebook would come to your aid when you needed it without asking, for friendship is so much more than a word that we loosely use, but has no real meaning. And that brings me back to the subject of fearing the truth.
Some people are so fearful of the truth that they will turn their backs on those who tell them the truth. To them, truth is what they personally perceve to be the truth whether it's right or wrong, and I truely pity them, but at the same time I have no use for them, for if they can not bare the truth themself, how do I know they can or will be truthful with me?
In the final analysis, I'm quite content with my circle of true friends small in number as they are, for at least with them I can confide in knowing that they will be just as truthful with me as I am with them.
So ends my little discussion fot the day.