News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Veterans Attacking City Land Bank"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, May 24, 2015, 10:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Youngstownshrimp

We now have one female Vet who was a " gunner."  They're not playing, YTOWN  will not be allowed to play any more. It's for real now.

Peggy Gurney

This is exciting to watch and hear about happening here in Yo. Please keep us updated on this important project (for lack of a better word).
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

At the VA Clinic on Belmont,  I met this new leader, a combat Vet , who is from the Eastside.  This young man impressed me. He is employed at the Clinic and he is going places. Today we meet at V2'S as he begins his attack on the Landbank. Again, Veterans are trained to conquer territory,  conquer Land. It is in our blood.

Youngstownshrimp

We can all tell Vets that free land is available to them in Youngstown.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: AllanY2525 on May 27, 2015, 12:13:30 AM

We don't do nearly enough for our veterans in this country.

AMEN to that.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

Well done Ron, well done.

We don't do nearly enough for our veterans in this country.

Peggy Gurney

It is, for sure, a step in the right direction.
~ Normal is overrated ~

sfc_oliver

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Youngstownshrimp

Last Friday, was the long awaited meeting between the Mayor, Assistant Law Director, Bill D'Avignon of the CDA, Lee the Ohio representative of the Veteran Farm Coalition, Lynn Cowie a combat Vet and myself representing Ohio Land Management, also a Vet.

The subject was opening the gate to the 1000 acre strong City Land Bank.  The Mayor has my utmost respect when he stated, "when the City no longer has land, the Land Bank is successful."  The national 50 state Veteran Farm Coalition and the Federal Veteran Farming program is repopulating farms and dormant land across the country, the eastside is now a target.  Four Veterans are being "parachuted" into the Eastside onto starter acreage donated by private investors.  Their mission is to expand the initial acreage into 10 acres and continuing into larger farms with tax delinquent land and Land Bank land.  Loans and grants are available to assist and VA studies reveal Veterans gravitate to land (remember Shrimp Farm). A ceremonial signing of deeds will be breaking news shortly.  Only in Youngstown, are Veterans offered free land by investors, we will make National news.

DeSouZa summed it up best when he wrote the following article:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/apr/12/population-loss-bad-for-the-region/

If there are any Vets who read this, PM me and YOU too may qualify for free land.