News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Worthless Holidays

Started by Towntalk, February 16, 2015, 08:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

A free day for many at the expense of the masses. What right do with their snouts in the tax payers troff have with a paid day off when the people forces to pay their wages have to work? I say these people have NO RIGHT to live the life of riley ... NO RIGHT WHAT SO EVER. Do the members of YPD get the day off? Do the members of YFD get the day off? Then the hangers on who feed at the tax payers feed troff have no right to get a paid holiday that allows themto be shiftless lay-abouts.

jay

I was in downtown Youngstown today.  With the banks and government offices closed for the day, there were plenty of parking spaces available.

;D

Towntalk

Today, 2/16/2015 is another of those worthless holidays ... worthless I say with all the ferver that I can muster. Some places are open, others closed, and such a thing happened to me this morning when I tried to pay a bill. It got even more frustrating when I tried to find out what the problem was. Instead of simply saying that this is a bank holiday, the lady I spoke to took me all around the circle when she could simply have said that this was a bank holiday when I first told her my problem. The longer the conversation went on the more frustrated I got until finally 10 minuted into the call she finally said that it was a bank holiday. Who cares that it's President's Day ... who cares that it's a holiday for banks, I sure don't ... I couldn't care less!