News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"The Point, Buckeye Park and The 7th Ward"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 02, 2014, 08:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Seriously Ron, I visualize a pavilion size stage that would have two wing areas on either side of the stage, and behind the stage two dressing rooms a utility room, two rest rooms and a storage area for grips.
Overhead on the stage area would be at least four rows of stage lighting which could change color from a board in one of the wing areas.
When not in use, the front of the stage area would be closed to prevent vandalism.
At the entrance to the area would be a garden feature on either side of a walkway and a rustic sign with the names of all the people that made the pavilion possable.
All along the front would be a low sandstone wall.
Just inside the entrance could be a small concession stand for selling such things as popcorn, pop, etc.
The idea of the old growth trees behind the pavilion would lend some elegance to the pavilion, and I could really visualize your band doing a concert there.
The only question I would have is just how large the stage area would be.

Youngstownshrimp

So TT, let's rally the troops, or are we the only ones left in the hood? :)

Towntalk

If the band - aka - orchesrtra was Andre Rieu or James Last, I'd be there jumping up and down with the greatest joy that any human being worthy of the name can express. And in my bejeweled hand would be a glass of the finest red wine available as I made a toast to the newly revived Youngstown.
Shoot, I'd have the wine imported from France for the occasion. None of the American stuff.

Youngstownshrimp

Vision going north from Struthers on Youngstown Poland Road and as you pass Midlothian you enter Youngstown.  Right after the iconic Elmo Tire the old Point is straight ahead, the fork in the road.  But instead of the old run down buildings behold a digital Welcome to Youngstown Billboard,  generating community funding with advertising ala' Struthers.  Directly behind the billboard  surrounded by planters made of sandstone is a stone patio with tables and the 7th ward neighbors sipping cold lemonade made from fresh lemons sold by community farmers under the grand pavilion completing the triangle.  The pavilion is made of reclaimed beams salvaged from the old Marion Auto warehouse and the metal roof is reused barn roofing.
Right across the eastern road Loveland, the historic Buckeye park is substantial enough to absord the various vendors selling their wares.  On a stage not to far towards the older growth woods of the park are local musicians enjoying "open mic day."  And sitting under the sun with a glass of mint julip is our very own TownTalk, smiling as she says "was it worth blogging all these years nudging Youngstown that we can pick ourselves up and better community?  Damn right it was!" 
Folks, you know me, I have always pushed albeit at times rudely for all of us to stop the talk and walk the walk.  Once again I am dreaming of creating a community venue, community action, not just painting windows on a demo building, or cleaning up a park of trash once a year.  Doing a project that will create community spirit and a live venue.  What is this post all about, maybe it is about the posibility today, this New Year.  Here are the ingredients to bake this cake that exist....today, and is up again....to YOU to grab.  What is in place:
1.  The property under control by my company (Ohio Land Management)
2.  24"X24" beams to build pavilion (available)
3.  Sandstone and patio flag stone (available)
4.  Backhoe,trailer and Dump truck (loan)
5.  A true Councilman leader (member of this blogsite)
So once again people, this all can happen and the major ingredients to bake this cake are right in front of you, take a step forward.  Funding, never a problem if you have a solid good plan.  I'm sure all the local businesses in the 7th ward would love to see improvment in that section of Youngstown and will help.  Just the other day, our new Mayor said partnerships with the City will make us the Jewell of the Northeast.