News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A new green way to commute

Started by Billy Mumphrey, November 12, 2013, 03:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

But what about the future if this trike/car catches on? Never under estimate the politicians when it comes to finding new ways to pick your pocket.

jay

In years past, the City of Youngstown issued bicycle license plates.  That program was discontinued many decades ago.

Towntalk

We understand that part Jay, that is not at issue here, it's a given, but what kind of license would it have to have since it's really not a bicycle, nor is it a motorcycle or a car. You can rest confidently assured that the state will find a way to regulate these trike/cars just as they regulate other vehicles.

jay

Quote would a person buying one of these trike/cars have to get a license for them in order to ride them on the roads, and if so, what kind of license would they have to get?

According to the founder, the Elf can legally go anywhere a bike goes.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqWeYsrfNK8

Billy Mumphrey

My life is as gloomy as today's weather. Thanks for trying to lift me up. Much appreciated.

Youngstownshrimp

Billy! snap out of it!  Man up for heaven's sake!  You have clout, you have energy, you have courage, use it!  It is deep inside you, yes we all have energy to power our production.  Stop cowarding away!
Clout?  you , a person who I don't even know, produced enough energy albeit negative to "cause and effect," the shrimpman who yesterday just successfully negotiated one of the largest mineral transfers in the Utica shale, to give Billy the time of day.  Wake up you fool, you have as much clout and energy as everyone else!  Now go and produce this bike trail and lead us to progress.  I will provide the contacts and support.  Hell, I'll even garner a budget for your expenses.  :)

Towntalk

That my friend is why music is so great ... each one of us can find a style that they enjoy, and still be friends.
Now, back to the topic ... sorry to have gotten sidetracked, but hey, I'm old, and old folks are prone to get sidetracked now and then ... err what were we talking about?
Oh yes, three wheel trike/cars.
The question I would ask is ... would a person buying one of these trike/cars have to get a license for them in order to ride them on the roads, and if so, what kind of license would they have to get?

Youngstownshrimp

I prefer Elvin Jones (Coletrain) to Kruppa.  Kruppa was big band while Jones touched the face of God with Coletrain.  Listen to "out-of-this-world."

Towntalk

Ahhh shucks ... (said with the beat of Gene Krupa drumming to Sing Sing Sing pounding in my ear).

Youngstownshrimp

:) I'll give you a hint "courage."

Towntalk

Are you trying to imply that I'm the Wicked Witch of the West Ron?
And BTW I found two different vocal versions of the song I spoke to you about.

jay

QuoteIf Youngstown is truly rebuilding with a new vision, it would be nice if the new mayor would propose creating user-friendly bike lanes for commuters.

Although not designated as such, Mahoning Avenue in Youngstown has a west bound lane marked at the side of the road.  It may be for parking purposes.  I've seen people in motorized wheel chairs using this lane while traveling east and west.

Youngstownshrimp

Why does this thread sound like something in the Wizard of Oz? :)

Towntalk

Billy, God gives all of us gifts, and He expects us to use them. You , like everyone else are no exception. Aside from your posts, I do not know you, but I do know that you, like everyone else have special interests that you enjoy, and many have taken those special interests and developed upon them.
My high school English teacher saw that I had a special talent for taking a historical news event and analizing it in the form of a 35 page term paper, and while I left that talent dorment for a number of years, Mr. Ryan reminded me of that talent and brought it back out.
I'll bet that you have one thing that really interests you to the point that you could really discuss it with authority, and could find a reseptive audience if you will only try, but simply putting yourself down and not making the effort, does no one any good.

Billy Mumphrey

I'm just a simple soul. I have no clout.