News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Who the New Mayor should fire?"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, November 12, 2013, 08:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

The old unqualified guard, stumbles in their inept attempt to function in changing government today.

Youngstownshrimp

Statistics show that bureaucrats cannot function or survive in the private sector?

Peggy Gurney

I have no idea what she's doing now. But I was under the distinct impression that she had taken a job in Cleveland, and that not working out, went back into real estate.  Where, I do not know.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

So Campbell, is a better job than Youngstown?

Peggy Gurney

Atty Farris' wife Maureen was not fired. She moved on to a better job.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

I think it is time we revisit this subject again.  How much progress was made and by who?

Towntalk

Billy:
I'm sure that you realize that the world around us is not a gentle place, nor do we live on Sesame Street. It's a mean and yes, even ugly world we live in, and neither you nor I can change that fact.
As I've told you before, some 20 years of my career were spent looking into the deepest recesses of that world without blinking, and there was no room for gentleness, facts were facts and they could not be ignored or covered up, and my daily newsletters dealt with those facts as they were,and not as I would have liked them to be.
My posts to you may seem harsh, but believe me, my friend, they are as gentle as the falling rain on a summer day.
We all know the conditions as they really are here in Youngstown, and while we try to present it's best fact to the world, there is no blinking at the fact that it is a jungle out there ... a good half of our city is a war zone ... our school system is in shambles ... our city's government is a disgrace ... there is precious little about Youngstown to encourage families to move here, so when our new Mayor looks outward for people who can help him make any meaningful changes, that should be encouraged, not condemned.
Over the years we tried the old ways, and they haven't worked, so now that we have an opportunity to bring about change, we either take it, or see our city die on the vine.
As Ron has so eloquently pointed out we are on the cusp of real, meaningful change, and meaningful change is not always pretty, but in the end, everyone will benefit for the better, and we can all share in it's rewards.

Youngstownshrimp

Bravo!  Bravo! the new Mayor is cleaning house.  Did I hear D'Avignon is next?

AllanY2525

To quote Joker from the Batman movie, when referring to Gotham City.......

"This town needs an enema...."

:)

Youngstownshrimp

Has Atty. Faris wife been fired too?

iwasthere

ignore all council recomendations due to the fact they want their unemployed, unexperience fam or frds to be the next pc.

Towntalk

Agreed 100%
In choosing the next Chief of Police, I hope that he conferred with the FBI like Henderson did when he picked Allan and refused to consider what Council wanted.

iwasthere

he should throw out everyone that was hired through nepotism.

Towntalk

This is good. We need a Chief like Edward J. Allan was. He was brought in from outside and proved to be so good that he was nationally recognized for his work here.

jay

QuoteSo who is gonna be the new cop shop boss?

Some say he is looking for someone from outside the area.