News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Stink Bugs In Youngstown

Started by jay, October 07, 2013, 07:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Seems like I find one in the house on almost a daily basis...I pick them up with a tissue and give them a one way water slide ride.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

If you find them getting into your house, do not let fresh fruit standing out on the counter uncovered.

jay

Quote they do give off a foul odor when they are squashed

So don't hit them with a fly swatter or rolled up newspaper.  Catch them in a container and then "remove" them from your house.

Towntalk

Stink Bug

The bugs don't bite or sting, but they do give off a foul odor when they are squashed. They're only about a half-inch long.
The bugs get into home through tiny cracks, holes and other openings in a home's exterior. Windows that seal poorly are a common entry point, said Dave Shetlar, another insect expert with Ohio State.

Youngstownshrimp

So Jay produce everything yourself, I'm waiting for your leadership.

jay

I've noticed Stink Bugs all over the area this year.

Where did they come from?
According to a story in today's newspaper "researchers suspect they arrived in the United States in shipping containers from Asia."

This is just another reason not to buy imported goods.