News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Canfield Fair

Started by Billy Mumphrey, September 02, 2013, 04:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Youngstownshrimp

We'll have to meet someday.  Sooner than later I hope.

Towntalk

I never learned to drive so I have to depend on others when I go anywhere. My very best friend sees to it that when I go to the store or doctor, he takes me, but beyond that I don't get out and about much any more.

Youngstownshrimp

TT, thank you very much says my wife.
Do you still drive, not to sound ignorant?  Most of our friends are older than us, we like the wisdom.

Towntalk

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your wife Ron, and many, many, many more.
In all the years I lived here, I was only at one Canfield Fair back in the 1950's.
As a child back home, we never missed a County Fair, and our family was deeply involved in it right up to a couple of years ago.

Youngstownshrimp

TT,
I treated my wife to the fair today after an absence of over ten years (it is her birthday).  I was so excited to have realized what the fair was all about since its beginnings, PRODUCTION.  We met a young girl who raised two hogs, last year she auctioned off her first pig for $800 and this year her pig fetched $675! 
Why did I spend so many years in Youngstown with people who never knew what production is?  I bet if I grew shrimp for the fair, I would would have fetched a ribbon, in YukTown, they arrested me.  I looked around the fair and it felt good to be around thousands of my own kind. 

Towntalk

Never to fear ... never to fret ... never to worry ... never to trouble your soul my friend, for both the attendance and what the fair earned will be reported in the news as has happened every year since time immemorial.

Billy Mumphrey

Did any forum members do the fair this year? I figure the youngsters showing animals are excited each year but I find the fair rather boring and expensive. Has anyone ever figured out what the fair board rakes in each year?