News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Poland On The Move

Started by Towntalk, November 02, 2012, 01:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Actually the danger is very minimal in this location.  The drill site will be east of the park, and there are no other houses anywhere in the vicinity.  The prevailing winds would carry any potential odors toward the landfill.  The park is hardly a park, just a few ball fields that just recently was constructed.   For the past five decades everyone in Poland knew that this area was an industrial area with odors associated with the landfill.  Poland deciding to put a couple of ball fields out there is the anomaly.   

irishbobcat

Putting oil and gas facilities that emit chemicals less than 100 feet from homes, schools, and parks is progress?

Towntalk

And I'm totally and absolutely sick and tired of all those against progress ... they couldn't care less about our future, and if they say they are, they're bald faced liars plain and simple. We've had protesters among us since the dawn of civilization, and we'll have them right up to the very end of civilization. When Thomas Edison gave us electricity there were protesters led by Rockefeller and his kerosene monopoly. When the automobile came, there were protesters. When Niagra Falls was harnessed for electricity there were protesters. Shoot, even our Lord was crucified because of protesters. The Salem witchcraft trials took place because of protesters and that crime stains our history. I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point.

Oh yes, there were the protests in the 1960's by college students and hippies, but I doubt few here are old enough to remember them.

iwasthere

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on November 02, 2012, 10:36:50 PM
Now I know what production may result in my acreage in Poland.  Maybe free gas for heat and I can pay more taxes without growing shrimp.

iwasthere

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on November 02, 2012, 10:36:50 PM
Now I know what production may result in my acreage in Poland.  Maybe free gas for heat and I can pay more taxes without growing shrimp.
are you ready your neighbors disapproval?

jay

FYI

An antifracking group has recently formed in Poland, Ohio.

Youngstownshrimp

iwasthere

its corp am and consumer greed.

irishbobcat

I can't believe people want to allow gas and oil facilities that emit chemical leaks such as seen in this video to be placed next to township parks, schools. etc.....

http://www.shaletest.org/2012/10/31/shaletest-news-blast-video-shows-massive-voc-leaks-from-chesapeake-fort-worth-facility/

Towntalk