News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

None Of The Poor Children Matter

Started by irishbobcat, October 13, 2012, 08:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Rick, then why do I pay a higher percentage of taxes than Mitt Romney does? How does Mitt having money stashed in the Caymen Islands help the poor?

You would have fit right in during the French Revolution with your "let them eat cake" philosophy.

Trouble is Rock, you conservatives are too concerned with your own success that you are blind to those in need and always have an excuse not to help those in need. You need to hoard your money for the next rainy day you  are always fearful of.

iwasthere

rr the middle class gives more to charity then the rich class. the irs does not lie pretaining who gives what and when. rr it is the poor man's pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters that are given to the rich so he can turn them into dollar bills in other words we need each for survival. not one class of people has all the answers to society ills. rr you can gain more support from us liberals on this blog if you did not come off as a person who self promotes himself and not others. i had several chances to attend the first annual tod engine park dinner. i didn't because of your personality. a couple of fds had tickets fo me to attend. i made excuses that i could nt go to the dinner

Rick Rowlands

Perhaps if liberals would start concerning themselves with their own problems instead of worrying about others, then all of society will improve.  If you are mainly concerned with your own success, you will achieve it and be in a much better position to help those in need.  Being poor and spending an inordinate amount of your time fretting about those in need will do nothing for them. This is the very same principle behind taxing the rich.  This society needs rich people who are mainly concerned with their own success to provide the tax money that you liberals are addicted to.  What if everyone was as "compassionate" as you?  Where would all this tax money then come from?

When you look at the sum total of a person's life, a rich person cares for more of his fellow citizen than any poor liberal activist.

irishbobcat

Rick: That's the difference between a liberal and a conservative. As a liberal, the problems of others concern me.
As a conservative, you don't care about the plight of the poor and those down on their luck. You actually believe they don't exist.You think everyday is like the old Ronald Reagan ad "Breakfast in America." Time to start caring Rick, unless you want to go to hell because your coffee will never get cold.

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on October 13, 2012, 09:41:01 PM
I don't think I have yet read anything that you have posted that was upbeat or positive.  You must lead a miserable life, dwelling in the problems of others, or creating problems where none exist (fracking).  Its time for you to look at the good side of life in America.
rr i read the article in which it gave a true story about someone's plight. as i say when i read stories like this one. i say to myself, "BY THE GRaCE OF GOD GO I. rr you might be soaring in your life without any bumps or falls. i say congratulaions but read the sermon on the mount. this has good examples on being a compassioned individual. ibc has written positive stories in the past that you forgotten.

Rick Rowlands

I don't think I have yet read anything that you have posted that was upbeat or positive.  You must lead a miserable life, dwelling in the problems of others, or creating problems where none exist (fracking).  Its time for you to look at the good side of life in America.