News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Political debate hogwash

Started by Towntalk, January 27, 2012, 12:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Apathy has a great deal to do with it my friend, but how many voting age citizens actually have the time to attend all the political dog and pony shows? Most are too busy working to put bread on the table and stave off forclosure.

I agree that there needs to be more citizen participation, but unfortunately businesses will not accept having their employees take time off to go to political events unless that event is held in their establishment.

My first time voting was in 1960 and I was really excited to the point that I actually volunteered to work for one of the candidates, but as the years went by, my work schedule prevented me from any political activity other than to go to vote.

Now there has been a lot of water flow under the bridge of life, I've grown older and wiser, and because of my sideline job of show prep for talk radio skeptical of everything political.

One of the best friends that I have had over the years told me ... during the campaign season take everything you read, or hear with a grain of salt, and he was absolutely right. As I keep saying, the candidates will only tell you what you want to hear, and even that will differ from meeting to meeting, and from community to community, and yes even from day to day.

jay

It's sad to say but most citizens will not take the time to go to any local candidates' forums where they could ask their own important question.  As a result, voters rely on the slick ads (filled with lies) for their information.

Apathy is killing our area.

Towntalk

FACT CHECK

Remember this if you never remember anything else during the campaign season, what the candidates say, especially the Presidential candidates, is pure propaganda, and this is true of both parties, and not worth a plug nickel.

Why do I say this? I say this because it is an absolute fact.

Candidates can and do promise the sun, moon and stars, telling the people what they think the public wants to hear, but after the ultimate winner is decided and is sworn into office, unless he has a majority of both houses that will support him, all his campaign promises are for nought.

To get elected they are perfectly willing to lie or cheat, and consider it to be in the best interests of the country and this is true of all the candidates, because that is the nature of politics, and it's left to us to decide who the best liar and cheat is.