News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The House of Many Horrors

Started by Towntalk, October 17, 2011, 11:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Halloween House Offering New Tricks and Tricks

If the outside of one Lowellville home doesn't scare you, the inside probably will.

Brian Wharry has been turning his parents' home into a haunted house for the past five years.  And even though he recently moved, he just couldn't take the display with him.

"We decided to keep it down here.  We looked at doing it at my house, but it's too hard and this room is really built for it," said Wharry.

Wharry has made a few changes to this year's haunted house.  Strobe lights now line the ceiling and a few new faces have been added.

"It will actually be 12-years in November that we've been together and we are getting married in May," shared Wharry's fiancee, Adrianne Logozzo.

So, does the haunted house scare her anymore?  "Yes, they do at night.  I don't like them at night, by myself," said Logozzo.

The theme of the house is horror movie characters and Wharry has gotten almost all of them.  The whole collection is an $8,000 investment that he is happy to share with the community for free.

"We get kids of all ages and that's what's nice because animatronics cater to young ages, middle ages, we get adults that come through here!" said Wharry.

Wharry's display continues to grow, so much so that he had to cut two of the characters from this year's display.  In the future he's looking to expand the creepy hauntings to the outside of the home.

Wharry said he will be keeping the house open even longer during trick-or-treat hours to make sure everyone who wants to, can get a good scare.

Source: WKBN TV 27