News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Journalist Cokie Roberts

Started by Why?Town, January 12, 2018, 01:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

https://businessjournaldaily.com/cokie-roberts-shares-insights-political-landscape/

I'm not necessarily against her or for her I just have to question some of this lady's quotes.  Anyone with comments welcome.

1a) In Alabama, women and minorities contributed to the defeat of GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore, she pointed out.

1b) Many white working-class people who had been put out of work are feeling "unmoored by the America they live in now," she said.

A Republican candidate lost and a Republican candidate won.  Both were mentioned along with women, minorities and white working-class people. Describing anyone only as women, minorities and white working-class people seems sexist and/or racist to me. Not to mention implying that no other types of people voted in either of these elections is also problematic.

2) The "last little bastion of bipartisanship in the Senate" is among the women, who have a regular monthly dinner, she said.

Are male Senators invited to the regular monthly dinner?

3) "...Senate seats that are up — every day another Republican resigns and some of them – not all of them — are resigning from swing seats."

Every day a Republican resigns? I know there have been a couple resign along with a couple of Democrats lately. Neither side can really be trusted as it comes to sexual issues they create but if resignation is a daily thing the Senate would be completely renewed 3.5 times every year.

4) "..it is different for people to, say, go after the media, say it's the enemy and charge us with writing untruths when that's not the case," she said.

I have seen at least a couple times that various news agencies had to correct their stories due to the untruths reported. And the article on the link doesn't even include her mentioning on a Business Journal video how the book Fire and Fury describes what we've been reading about all year. The book author having admitted to it not necessarily being accurate.

5) "After a certain amount of gliding along, the media is on its toes and paying a lot of attention and being very careful that thorough reporting is done."

Stated by the journalist that just claimed "every day another Republican resigns".