News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Forum Problems Tonight

Started by jay, September 13, 2011, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

One more move of the graphics to the very top.  Please let me know if there are any issues.

ForumManager

I've moved the site graphics to below the top information area and added a weather stamp.  One forum member is having trouble with the content spilling over on the right.The police and fire logo is off the screen.  I hope I've made adequate adjustments for that issue.  Please let me know on this thread if it looks goofy to you.  Thanks!

ForumManager

Thank you very much for checking.  I adjusted some settings and modified the CSS file a bit more.

northside lurker

The quick reply and full reply boxes both appear correct now.

And, the "modify message" box is correct, too.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

Ok so we've established I can't type. *weirdness*
Did some tweaking with settings but still can't see a quick edit box here... might be because I am a moderator... will check more settings. I know it exists but not in my dimension.
Anyway
WestSider - are you able to try out  the quick edit box again and also the regular edit box too? It would be greatly appreciated.
I noticed the box glitch last night -  Thought my fix was working but apparently not.

ForumManager

Weridnest thing but I don't have a quick reply box here in either IE or Firefox.  I am looking for the reason.

ForumManager

Thank you  for the heads up- I revised the "edit" box and assumed it would apply to the quick reply edit box as well.  Will look at the source code.

northside lurker

I'm using an old version of IE, at work, and the quick reply text box runs off the page to the right.  Having just typed a bunch of x's, it continues without wrapping, and the view jumps to the right to stay current.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

Thanks - I am not liking the fire -police logo placement at this point but overall I like the theme as well. 

Shades of gray are supposed to have a calming effect... wonder if it will help the climate around here. LOL

I had to do a few tweaks on the box where you type... I don't know what they were thinking... it went over the edge and the words didn't wrap. So if you notice any issue with the edit  box let me know.

Overall I like the theme   Some of the features on the forum were add ons so if something is missing it is either not available for the newest version or I haven't gotten it installed yet.

I changed the social icons to an Add-this feature since those were not available for this version.  It will only appear on the first message of a thread so if you want to share on Facebook etc. you will need to share the entire topic.

Have a good one!

sfc_oliver

From what I see so far I kind of like it.........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

ForumManager

It is back online - new look- it was too much of headache to make the other theme work so I used  a modification of the default theme   

ForumManager

There should have been a message about a security upgrade on the page.
Right now the forum is using the standard template since the old template wasn't working right after the upgrade.

jay

Did anyone notice some funny things happening with the Forum this evening?