News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Kasich Cuts WRTA Funding

Started by irishbobcat, February 10, 2011, 08:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

They just got a new tax in the last year or so that I voted for. Everyone knew this was on the chopping block... You are ridiculous bobcat... but everyone already knows that.

northside lurker

Sorry, I didn't see the Vindy article today.  If I'm reading the article right, ODOT still plans to increase funding for mass-transit in Ohio.  But, instead of $50 million a year, it will be $20 million.  (Last year was $10 million.)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

I don't think WRTA users have anything to worry about.  As far as I know, the state only rescinded the increase in funding talked about in this thread: http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=9156.0

So, from what I've read, ODOT's mass-transit funding will remain 0.33% of their whole budget, instead of increasing to 1.67% of their budget.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

It's about time, I worked most of my way thru college, car pooled, saved and bought an old car.  Dennis, what is wrong with that?  Another thing public transportation does not work subsidized, an entrepreneur will step in and provide so don't worry, it might be a bus rider who knows? 

BTW, walking will be good, most of us Americans are overweight and need to walk.

irishbobcat

Sad to see the Governor cutting WRTA Funding.....another great neo-conservative move......

The Neo-Cons like Kasich want the poor to pull them self's up from the boot-straps, yet won't provide

transportation for them to get to community college to better themselves.....

Not all own cars...and the poor rely on public transportation....

But now Governor Kasich won't even let these folks get on the bus......he's gonna make them walk.....