News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Dennis Call WKBN!

Started by Rick Rowlands, June 29, 2009, 10:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Heard the whole thing, and while we may not agree on everything, you did a good job presenting your case, and I take my hat off to you.

irishbobcat

I did use a land line and called back....and spoke with Dan between 10:50am-11am...

Towntalk

Next time use a landline so that you won't drop off.

irishbobcat

We did get on the Rivers show this morning. I felt Dan was fair and we had a
positive discussion on cap and trade.

irishbobcat

Maybe we'll get to be a guest Wednesday....

Towntalk

Judging from what he and Dave Johnson said about it they seemed to agree.

irishbobcat

Yes.....Mr. Rivers said he was going to try and call me this morning to discuss this matter further.......

however, with the library director coming in, I doubt if he will call......

Maybe tomorrow.....

Dennis Spisak

waiting by the phone....

Towntalk

Dennis:

Was that your message that Rivers used this morning?

Rick Rowlands

Dennis,  I am a conservative and yet I started this thread to tell you to call Dan Rivers.  If I was the "typical conservative" then I would not have wanted you to state your case and would not have told you about it.  Your misunderstanding of consrvative ideology is so deeply ingrained that it blinds you. 

Conservatives are the ones who want to debate the issues, but it is the liberal side that doesn't want the debate.  Saying that the debate is over on global warming is a glaring example.  Another is trying to ramrod the climate change bill through congress with NO debate.  It is the liberals who don't want to defend their beliefs because in our estimation the is no defense.  They were in such a hurry to vote on this bill that it had not been finished when the vote was taken, and not a copy of it could be found anywhere in the Capitol building.

I do hope to hear you on the radio in the near future.  I may even call in and ask a couple of questions. 

sfc_oliver

I wonder if he should be warned that he is considered a "typical Conservative"?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

I did e-mail Mr. Rivers and he just sent an e-mail back asking if I would appear on his show.......

We are working out the details.......

Towntalk

He said that he will be on this topic far the next few days so you might try again tomorrow.

IDEA:

Try also e-mailing him the same material that you provide us. His e-mail link can be found on the WKBN Radio web site.

By the way you did a bang up job promoting downtown Youngstown.

irishbobcat

My Bad. I did not. But I did tell Todd I was the one caller that Dan kept asking for to defend the bill and why we should not be afraid of it......

Apparently, next time I will have to give Todd more personal information....

Towntalk

Dennis, did you tell Todd who you were and who you represent?

If Dan had known your expertese I'm sure he would have given you more time.

sfc_oliver

I would love to hear both sides of that conversation.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>